Why become a member? ×

Short Scale Squier JV

desh

[quote name='2x18' post='705097' date='Jan 8 2010, 08:12 AM']I have a Terrific little Medium scale ( 32" )Squier Japan P-bass in my collection but its an E ser. no not JV[/quote]

Thanks for all that.
Could they have done a 3/4?

[quote name='desh' post='705181' date='Jan 8 2010, 09:50 AM']Thanks for all that.
Could they have done a 3/4?[/quote]

Nope! The JV's only ever came as a full 34" scale.

However if anyone has a short/medium scale bass and feels the need for some flats... [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=72792"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=72792[/url]

Shameless I know but it just might be what someone is looking for. :)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='705507' date='Jan 8 2010, 02:16 PM']Nope! The JV's only ever came as a full 34" scale.[/quote]

There wasn´t a JV era shortscale.
Just the P and J bass
Was there a squier bullet bass? I know there was the Fender and there is a squier bullet guitar
Think the next run of squier shorties was the Vista Tone series?

Could be totally wrong here :)

CO wikipedia.

The Fender Bullet Bass is an electric bass guitar model produced by Fender. It was introduced in 1982 as a part of a new line of guitars meant to replace the outgoing Mustang and Musicmaster - Fender's so called "student" guitars. The Bullet Bass had Mustang style pickups, but was available with a standard 34" neck in addition to the short scale 30" neck that the Mustang had. These instruments were only produced in the USA for a couple years until Fender decided to transfer Bullet production to Japan in 1984/85. They then fell under Fender's newly active Squier branding.

The Fender Bullet line of instruments were actually made in America between about '82 and 84',
and production was moved to Japan in about '84-'85 and rebranded as the Squier Bullet.
The early Japanese models had an SQ serial number.

So,no there are no Squier JV series short scale basses.

Edited by Doddy

• 5 months later...

[quote name='japanesevintage' post='869207' date='Jun 16 2010, 04:33 PM']Yet there was... :rolleyes:

Two 406 mm Short Scale Precision (SPB) and Jazz Bass (SJB), from the domestic line.[/quote]
If we're talking Japanese home-market range, we're opening a whole new kettle of worms...

[i]Must[/i] organise a field-trip. Who's up for it? :)

J.

• 5 years later...