Why become a member? ×

Tribal Planet gig bags (GX40b)

G-bitch

Right, the other gig bag thread tells me that quite a few of you have these bags. I've had one for 5 years or so myself and I've always pondered the same question whenever I look at it:

What the f*** are those 'secondary' straps for between the top of the rucksack straps and the headstock end of the bag??!! I can't fathom it; they appear to serve absolutely no purpose whatsoever.

[quote name='Mike' post='78152' date='Oct 23 2007, 11:44 AM']Do you mean the small "one hand" one at the top ? If so not sure - maybe for hanging the bag up on something? Or for someone else to hold if you're a weakling?[/quote]

Oh.. those ones?

I use them to pull it out of the van, or whatever. I use 'em all the time.

Perhaps I need to clarify. On mine, I have the rucksack straps out all the time (the plastic handle broke years ago - damaged the bass too :mad:) and the tops (shoulder area) of the padded rucksack straps each have a nylon strap, with adjusters etc. that clip onto the little metal loop (for hanging presumably) at the headstock end.

Maybe it was one of their first and they didn't really think it through enough :)