Why become a member? ×

EZbass Feedback

NoirBass

Bought his Victor Bailey acoustic bass.

A true gent, let me pop round to try it through his rig, a cup of tea and some bass babble later I am now the proud owner of this fine instrument. Its in minty condition and sounds fantastic.

He also owns a very fine '63 P bass that Is the lightest and best playing I have tried. Lucky man.

To top it all he even gave me a lift back to the station.

Thanks again Chris, it was good to meet you.

Noir

I bought a PRS guitar this morning from EZ towers.

He clearly looks after his kit really well - it is pristine. Even the gig bag is spotless.

Was made very welcome, even after my boy tried to dismantle his MP3 player (sorry!) and I'll second the comment about the tea.

We had a good old natter and all in all it was a pleasure.

Giles

• 2 years later...

Just bought a Ray34 from Chris, the bass is in really nice condition, thank you!

Equally impressive was Chris's (now legendary) hospitality - the Espresso was particularly welcome after a long drive and very good to boot!

An absolute Gentleman and a pleasure to deal with.

Pete :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Just conducted a textbook deal with Chris. The amp was exactly as described and communications were swift.

Sadly, I was unable to sample his famous hospitality or ogle his bass collection as I had a nipper with me but I can recommend him as a fine member of the BC community.

• 4 months later...

Just bought a Yamaha six string electric from Chris, a real bargain and a really nice person to deal with. Everything has been very easy and comfortable. Chris is a star and someone you can buy from with confidence. He is a credit to Bass Chat. Thanks mate :) :rolleyes: :lol: :D :P

Mike (Pestie)

[quote name='Pestie' timestamp='1376316375' post='2172002']
Just bought a Yamaha six string electric from Chris, a real bargain and a really nice person to deal with. Everything has been very easy and comfortable. Chris is a star and someone you can buy from with confidence. He is a credit to Bass Chat. Thanks mate :) :rolleyes: :lol: :D :P

Mike (Pestie)
[/quote]Oh stop it, I'm blushing. :D

• 5 months later...

I'm now the proud owner of a pristine Lakland 55-02; courtesy of Chris.

Sadly I didn't get to sample the famous tea and coffee (I guess I was too excited and engrossed in bass talk) but the EZ towers is a mere 20 minutes away from me so...

Thanks for a superb transaction Chris - I can't wait to try the beast next Sunday.

[quote name='Japow' timestamp='1391814267' post='2361733']
I'm now the proud owner of a pristine Lakland 55-02; courtesy of Chris.

Sadly I didn't get to sample the famous tea and coffee (I guess I was too excited and engrossed in bass talk) but EZ towers is a mere 20 minutes away from me so...

Thanks for a superb transaction Chris - I can't wait to try the beast next Sunday.
[/quote]You're welcome, it's a great bass and I miss it already, but needs must and all that; enjoy.

I too was wrapped up in the bass talk and listening to the very nice tones and grooves being laid down so forgot my duties as host, oops!

• 8 months later...

Sold Chris my Bass Buddy in reply to his wanted post, PayPal'd more or less withing the hour (Tuesday 14th Oct), got the goods off that night as Chris needed it for a Friday Gig, BB delivered today. Seamless transaction. I love it when a plan goes to plan! 10/10

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Just trying to keep my feed back current
[quote name='goonieman' timestamp='1453556947' post='2960516']
Hi All,

I bought this off EZBass - of this forum - a few days ago. Great chap!

I'm loving this beauty. Been wanting to try one for ages - but they are quite rare.

This was full-on black - but was stripped back to bare wood and lightly varnished.

EZBass had a bit of enamel on the top, with a bit of plastic laminate, which I removed. I got over-zealous taking the paint off, which left witness lines. I ended-up having to sand the whole thing back down through the varnish - took ages :rolleyes: , even with a sander.

I've put some beeswax polish on it now, and I thought I might as well sand the neck down too to remove the roundwound marks and take away the slightly proud and sunk fretline markers (impercetible to some, but you can 'sense' these lines when wiping your hand across - and they do interfere with the 'mwah' too).

Anyway, I levelled the neck and wet-sanded from 400-1500, then used T-Cut for a mirror finish, and light coat of lemon oil... I can almost see myself in the neck now!

I also re-cut the nut. the factory setup was crazy high. Just silly. Strings are now pretty much on the fretboard, where they should be.

Plays wonderfully with the flatwounds.

The preamp and pup are very decent to my ears, although it's true that it can be a bit hissy with treble boosted right up (but nobody should go that far anyway really)

The ramp is a great bonus. For me, it aids speed and fluidity substantially.

Winning!

[/quote]

• 10 months later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...