Why become a member? ×

A good bass guitar magazine suscription

BassistJonathan

I get total guitar at the moment basically for the tabs and cd, but ive found that i barely read the actual magazine since I just don't care about lead guitar.

I occasionaly try to buy a bass guitar magazine, but i always have to search really hard to find one and the best I can get is bass player magazine which although is okay, it is too small for £4 and ive read it cover to cover in about an hour.

I want a good sized bass magazine that I can have a UK suscription for. Any suggestions?

[quote name='Jimbo' post='78979' date='Oct 24 2007, 05:12 PM'][url="http://www.bassguitarmagazine.com/"]Bass Guitar Magazine[/url][/quote]

+1 to that - I will definitely be renewing my subscription on this one.

There's "Guitar & Bass" magazine too, but I just terminated my subscription after just over a year, as I felt (as is often the case with the lot in life of bassists generally) that bass was very much the poor relation in terms of the amount of page space dedicated to it in this magazine. Case in point was a recent article entitled "100 greatest guitar moments" where the invention of the electric bass guitar or the numerous technical advances since didn't figure anywhere!

[quote name='Machines' post='79707' date='Oct 26 2007, 10:47 AM']Yep BGM is the best out there as far as i'm concerned. It has it's US counter-part but that's usually 75% adverts, with a few reviews and interviews chucked in for good measure.[/quote]

The US equivalent (which was nothing to do with BGM by the way) has now finished.

Stu