Why become a member? ×

Amp Guts

Mr. Foxen

[quote name='stevie' post='716500' date='Jan 18 2010, 12:40 PM']Don't know what it is, but it reminds me why nobody but musicians and audiophools can get excited about 1930s technology. :)[/quote]

People get so excited about obsolete tech that they make up new [url="http://www.mhs.ox.ac.uk/steampunk/"]obsolete tech[/url].

People need to post their amp guts here too. Otherwise I'll run out and have to go buy more amps.

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='716509' date='Jan 18 2010, 12:52 PM']People need to post their amp guts here too. Otherwise I'll run out and have to go buy more amps.[/quote]
There was an amp guts thread a couple of months ago that was fascinating, but it was poo-pooed and fizzled out. Unfortunately, I can't help because my amps are in a rack thingie. Otherwise I would contribute with some internal pics of amps that use - wait for it - integrated circuits! :)

[quote name='stevie' post='716571' date='Jan 18 2010, 01:41 PM']There was an amp guts thread a couple of months ago that was fascinating, but it was poo-pooed and fizzled out. Unfortunately, I can't help because my amps are in a rack thingie. Otherwise I would contribute with some internal pics of amps that use - wait for it - integrated circuits! :)[/quote]

I did have a look for it. Got impatient. Ain't photoed my SS amps cause if they are dead, I can't do much to fix them, so they don't come apart much.

[quote name='stevie' post='716500' date='Jan 18 2010, 12:40 PM']Don't know what it is, but it reminds me why nobody but musicians and audiophools can get excited about 1930s technology. :)[/quote]
{Nit picking mode on}
There wasn't a commercially viable alternative to valves till the early sixties ... so I guess you could call valves a 1900's - 1950's technology --- Wikipedia [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vacuum_tube"]Vacuum Tube[/url]
{Nit picking mode off}

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='716509' date='Jan 18 2010, 12:52 PM']People get so excited about obsolete tech that they make up new [url="http://www.mhs.ox.ac.uk/steampunk/"]obsolete tech[/url].

People need to post their amp guts here too. Otherwise I'll run out and have to go buy more amps.

[/quote]
damn didn't realise they use UL partridge transformers in the matamp kinda like the simm watts 200watters, i bet that amp cranks.

kinda bad i recognised some of these amps from the layouts etc.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...