Why become a member? ×

Alesis Quadraverb Plus

Bloodaxe

Just picked one of these venerable old beasts up off the 'bay, sourced a copy of the manual from Alesis & am getting stuck in.

Does anyone else have one? Currently I cannot get my head around the "Resonator" setting - it looks as though it should be some breed of multiple pitch-shift, but the manual is rather terse on the subject.

Anyone?

Pete.

I used to have an old Quadraverb, I bequeathed it to CK. I found many of the sounds to be very useful (although surprisingly when you consider the name, the reverbs are pretty crap)... the chorus settings in particular are very flexible. The ability to change the waveforms and so on gives a wide variety of sounds... it even does a very passable impression of an old Yamaha E10xx delay unit's 'wobble'.
Can't remember any specifics though, sorry... was a while ago now.

Ta anyway. I've always liked the Alesis 'verbs - still got my ancient Midiverb 2 which has some very nice FX IMO.

Also posted this over on Talkbass & it seems I've imagined it to be something other than it is. My (simplistic) understanding is that it's a means of dialling [i]in[/i] "room boom" sort of.

Can't say as I can think of a use for that.

Heigh-ho.

Pete.