Why become a member? ×

Fender cases - are they worth it?

Jamesemt

my mate has a 20+ year old hiscox that was held together with 1 hinge and 1 clasp, so went to the Hiscox factory with his case and they went to town on it a gave it back as good as new.

Lifetime warranty honoured....... send yours back to them..

[quote name='NJW' post='79385' date='Oct 25 2007, 02:02 PM']my fender moulded logo case has lasted 4 years now and is good as new.

my hiscox case lasted about a year and fell apart.

both did the same tours and shows in that year.

however, the hiscox provides a lot more protection (when its in one piece).[/quote]

another gripe about the hiscox cases that both myself and t'guitarist had was that they dont stand on their edge as well as the fender cases do.

Obviously i'm just picking at little things here. I do agree that they provide tonnes more protection than the fender cases, which are really quite soft for a 'hard' case.

MB1. :)

Hiscox +1.........
Fender cases are just not in the same league!
If however youre after something indestructible, you still cant beat the old 5 star flightcase(unfortunately no longer made,cause nobody needed another one ,and anyone who used one could easily be picked out in a crowd as having one arm longer than the other.)Nobody ever walked into you while carrying it, and,most people with sense got out of your way!