Why become a member? ×

Owen - Feedback

Owen

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='xzodar' post='865429' date='Jun 12 2010, 06:21 PM']Owen just bought some Mackie 350's from me.

Nice and easy transaction and great communication.

Top man![/quote]
+1

Owen just bought a Fender neck and bridge from me and the whole transaction couldn't have been more relaxed and easy! An absolute gent to deal with..

Thanks Owen :)

• 1 month later...

Owen posted me some MM bridge screws FOR FREE!!! (And he chucked in the allen key and some
EB wipes too) What a top bloke.
Good to know that this is still the place to meet decent people who help each other out etc.
Restores my faith in human nature it does...
Many thanks Owen, ATB
Pete.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

[quote name='casapete' post='929549' date='Aug 19 2010, 10:11 AM']Owen posted me some MM bridge screws FOR FREE!!! (And he chucked in the allen key and some
EB wipes too) What a top bloke.
Good to know that this is still the place to meet decent people who help each other out etc.
Restores my faith in human nature it does...
Many thanks Owen, ATB
Pete.[/quote]

I had no idea that the wipes were in there, this paints a false picture of me. I'm not that good.

• 1 month later...

I'm going to add to this festival of massaging Owen's ego by telling you all that he is a splendid friendly chap who is most helpful.

I bought some strings off him for a bargainous price, the transaction went very smoothly, and he popped them in the post straight away.

10/10!

ps: they did take 3 weeks to arrive, but that just serves me right for buying them from him just at the height of the Xmas postage madness period. Doh!

Top bloke is our Owen. :)
I bought a bass xtender off him (with paypal) and it dropped through the door before I'd even forgotten I'd bought something (which doesn't take much theses days - usually I'm like "what the hell is this" :) )
A pleasure to deal with and will do so again without hesitation.
Cheers.
Rich.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='876031' date='Jun 23 2010, 10:58 PM']+1

Owen just bought a Fender neck and bridge from me and the whole transaction couldn't have been more relaxed and easy! An absolute gent to deal with..

Thanks Owen :)[/quote]

Yet another successful transaction with Owen who is as ever, one of Basschat's finest!

Thanks again Owen...the Crunch Master is really cool!

Nik

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Bought an item off Owen which unfortunately Parcelforce didn't take utmost care of.

Owen didn't hesitate in offering a refund and covering return costs even while he was out of the country!

The world would be a much better place with more people like Owen around. :)

• 1 month later...

I'm hoping a "valve bash" is a good thing? The 6SL7/6N9P Hi Fi version from Shuguang can be made to please, as can the Sovtek version. On paper, the same as a 12AX7. However, the "sameness" ends there. Not long ago, no manufacturer was making the 6SL7 and all the NOS were in bad shape. Having designed gear with both, I find the 6SL7 capable (when used well) of dramatically better bottom end performance.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

[quote name='juledude' timestamp='1316567641' post='1379870']
I'm hoping a "valve bash" is a good thing? The 6SL7/6N9P Hi Fi version from Shuguang can be made to please, as can the Sovtek version. On paper, the same as a 12AX7. However, the "sameness" ends there. Not long ago, no manufacturer was making the 6SL7 and all the NOS were in bad shape. Having designed gear with both, I find the 6SL7 capable (when used well) of dramatically better bottom end performance.
[/quote]

I have fancied one of Jule's preamps, and here he is posting in my feedback. Is it a sign? Should I just buy one?

• 1 month later...