Why become a member? ×

Rehearsal Rooms in Farnham

JoeS

Hi guys,

Looking for somewhere to practice in (yeah, right) or around Farnham. None of us has a car, so we not only need somewhere near a train station but also somewhere fully-equipped (guitar/bass amps, PA and, crucially, a full drum kit - none of this "bring your own breakables" bollocks).

Anyone know of anywhere suitable? Price isn't [i]that[/i] important, but we are a bunch of tight-arse students :)

Any help much appreciated,

Joe

It be [url="http://www.myspace.com/the_rooms"]The Rooms[/url] you be wantin'. Just across the roundabout from North Camp station, pretty good facilities and cheap in the day.

I think you can hire any number of amps and drums as needed.

Edited by Breakfast

[quote name='Breakfast' post='79986' date='Oct 26 2007, 11:42 PM']It be [url="http://www.myspace.com/the_rooms"]The Rooms[/url] you be wantin'. Just across the roundabout from North Camp station, pretty good facilities and cheap in the day.

I think you can hire any number of amps and drums as needed.[/quote]
You like it there? I've always found the staff to be surly and the rooms themselves, grubby. One bloke who runs it there we nicknamed "Smiler" on account that he never did smile. Even when he took our money.

Much prefer Silent Hill in Guildford (Jules who runs it is a top bloke) and Garden Studios nr Guildford. Backline in Guildford is grubby but the guy who's always there (Ben?) is a nice guy and always happy to find a bass amp or a spare mic stand). Life's too short to put up with rude rehearsal people who behave like stoppy teenagers because they think they're in the "music biz".

[quote name='stingrayfan' post='80105' date='Oct 27 2007, 01:18 PM']You like it there? I've always found the staff to be surly and the rooms themselves, grubby. One bloke who runs it there we nicknamed "Smiler" on account that he never did smile. Even when he took our money.[/quote]
That's exactly unlike my experience- the guys who have been working there when I've been rehearsing (which was weekly for most of the last three years) were an entertaining and helpful bunch. But then I did see them pretty much every week over years so we got to know each other a bit.