Why become a member? ×

Status 'Eclipse'?

parker_muse

Okay okay okay,

Im a complete Status NOOB, so i need some help here. Saw a Status Eclipse today, never even heard of one before.

It was

-Headed
-Hyper Active pickups
- It didnt have the graphite neck.

It looked similar to an S2-Classic... thats as much as i can tell. It was a beautiful player.

What i want to know is it worths its asking price of £229? it seemed rediculously low, how much can they go for?

Thanks,

parker

[quote name='parker_muse' post='80190' date='Oct 27 2007, 06:04 PM']^ thats the thing, i thought it was cheap for a status, i didnt know if they were duff, and i'd heard amazing things of Hyperactive pickups![/quote]

I played one years ago. If my memory serves me right after the Series 2 2000 3000 4000 run Status went to names beginning with E. I might stand corrected but I think that the Elite was graphite neck and the Eclipse wood (with graphite reinforcement). They then went to Series 1 just to confuse people. If I got anything wrong I stand by the confused comment.

Anyhoo I think they retailed around £600-800 so that's a good price.

The Eclipse was like a Series 2 with the wooden neck. Bear in mind that even the Status models with the wooden necks still have the same trademark growl! Buy it or send me the contact details!!!

You can see the specs here...

[url="http://statii.com/status_cats/catalogues/1/page3.jpg"]http://statii.com/status_cats/catalogues/1/page3.jpg[/url]

Edited by OutToPlayJazz

Yes, they're just about the most powerful & noiseless humbuckers around. You don't often hear of folks swapping out hyperactives for something else! The bass will be heavy - They're built to last. I played my old SII pretty much exclusively for 16 years professionally & it was built like a tank! I see from the brochure link I left you that this one has the graphite rods in the neck. Not the graphite cloth wrapped nonsense Fender uses but proper graphite poles :)

I picked up a Series 1 Status with a wood neck (the series 1 is like the Eclipse but with a multiple laminate body and through neck), for £250 from Trade it last year, and its an amazing bass. It kills any bass I've owned for playability and growl.

Build quality surpassed the brand new Warwick Streamer Jazzman I sold a few months prior to getting it, and it has more growl, too. Truly awesome basses.

LOL! I know where this is, but I'm not telling... ;-) Mate, you want to pick this up as soon as you can or someone on here will nab it! Can't you show your parents this thread to help convince them to lend you the dough? It'd be a shame to pass this one up.