Why become a member? ×

industrial metal

Dread Bass

It's quite strange. I just looked on ebay at FZ-2's and they seemed to be going remarkably cheaply compared to a few years ago. Although they didn't seem to be hugely rated when they were available, they earned a reputation after they were deleted. Seems like that reputatation has gone - or maybe just the players [i]du jour[/i] aren't using them anymore. Fashion can be so fickle, but great if you buy at the right time.

[quote name='metaltime' post='80627' date='Oct 28 2007, 11:25 PM']they do 2 a super fuzz and an ultra fuzz the ultra being the fz 2 copy has anyone tried it?[/quote]

AFAIK the super fuzz is the FZ 2 copy - they both have bass and treble controls, compared to the Ultra Fuzz's single tone control.

I'd get yourself along to a ZVEX dealer and try running a Machine into a Woolly Mammoth, but then you're looking at about 340 quid so not cheap - [url="http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/page/shop/flypage/product_id/14631"]Machine - discounted[/url] and [url="http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/page/shop/flypage/product_id/14632"]Woolly Mammoth[/url]

yeah you would use it bass -> machine -> fuzz -> amp

it's somthing like normal fuzz generates odd harmonics and the machine generates even harmonics

so if a bass sends a 1 to a normal fuzz, the fuzz generates 3 5 7 say

if the same bass sends a 1 to a machine it generates 2 4 6

if you stack them you get 2 3 4 5 5 6 7 7 7 9 9 11 or something like that as the fuzz effects the added harmonics of the machine

that's how I understand it anyway

ok cool i won a fz-2 on flea bay for £20 not bad. I went for one of these after reading a few reviews and i like the fact it is discontinued.I will wait n try it if i dont like it i may look into a metalzone.

skiing lizard id love to try out zvex but this is just for the audition and a jam so i cant justify the expenditure.

next on my list is a whammy pedal.