Why become a member? ×

Bass Centre returns policy. anyone used it?

dave_bass5

Just wondering if any one has used the 7 day return policy to take an amp back because they didn't like it.
I see they mention it on the website but not sure if it applies to in store as well (i know there is a distance selling law now).

Was thinking of getting an amp to try out at a gig and possibly take it back if i didnt like the sound of it.

Cheers.

EDIT: Is that better?

Edited by dave_bass5

Not with the Bass Centre, but I have agreed with other companies, such as the Bass Gallery, if I didnt like a product I could return it. You are within your rights, under the distance sales act, I believe. Some companies will even give you 14 days from the date of delivery, but the usual 'product must be return in as new condition with all the labels and packaging' yah dee dah dee dah applies.

Whether or not you could go gig a piece of equipment, you'd have to ask.

Err...of the top of my head from my gcse's and a-level's in business studies.....7 days rings a bell as a legal requirement that the consumer can return and have a full refund no questions asked, as long as it's returned as new, in original packaging etc..
I'm fairly sure that applies to any sort of business.

It'll be on the government website under Trade Acts iirc.

Thnaks guys.
dood, I thought the distance sales act was just for things brought over the phone or web, im looking to go in to the shop. that way ill have the full 7 days to play with it rather than loosing some due to posting the thing. Im sure if i didnt tell anyone they wouldnt know if it had been gigged. what worries me is that although they say no questions asked it must be returned as new. I have a feeling they could point out a few marks etc to get out of that one or that i ripped the packaging etc.

Buzz. Thanks. I understand what you are saying but i cant imagine using an amp for a gig, not likeing it and returning it with it and the packaging in 100% like new contition. no matter how much i looked after it. One scratch and im stuck with it. doesnt seem like "no questions asked" to me.

Ill ask them about this first. Its a MB SD800 i might be looking at, £950 so i need to make sure its going to work with my band.