Why become a member? ×

Calling on SUB owners!

richy316

I am at my wits end with my SUB, according to the ernie ball website i'm supposed to use a 1/16 allen wrench to adjust the saddles on the bridge which i've tried. But for some reason its too small? I've tried the next size up and thats too big!

So do they have the wrench size wrong? Has any of the other SUB owners(current and former) out there had any problems like this?

Help appreciated!

Thanks

I hav'nt tried 2mm hex key, but i think i've figured it out!

The bass was purchased in second hand condition and to be honest i don't think the previous owner gave much care towards it as there are quite a few scratches over the body/neck which you'd probably expect from a well gigged bass? But from the description i was given from the seller it was only ever bought out for special gigs! so i believe a few little porky's were told to me. Anyway i think that they tried to adjust the saddles with the wrong tool and ruined the hex slots on the grub screws, which isn't a massive headache as i can buy some replacements but the fact that i was deceived in the description has pissed me off.

So in future when buying a used bass i will try and try before buying!! lesson learned.