Why become a member? ×

Practice room recommends in Northish London?

Cantdosleepy

Hey London bassers,

I'm looking to start having some jams with buddies and am wondering if there are any practice rooms you guys would recommend.

I generally use Vatican near Stepney Green. The man who works there is really lovely, but it's quite expensive and the bass amps tend to be a bit sketchy.

Sometimes I go to Scar in Camden, which is cheaper but the amps vary in quality a lot more. Also, the electronics from the railway above induce a horrible noise in the big room.

Do any of you guys know of a good practice room? Looking for usual rockdrumkit/guitaramp/bassamp/pa sort of deal...

Thanks!

Try Zed One on the corner of Camden and Brecknock Rd's. Brilliant studio, though I suspect it's above your price range.

Other than that, Islington Arts Factory (opposite the women's prison!) is dirt cheap - £9 p/h inc. all backline for the larger room, though both rooms are quite small. In my experience it's the best cheap studio about, including Scar (which is a bit of a hole).

Edited by Musky