Why become a member? ×

Are there any affordable 212 cabs out there

sk8

For that sort of money you could build something really good,as individual looking as you like,plus a massive power handling(enough to take just about any head you buy in the future)and probably better than you could get new or second hand.Try the BFM plans or even the eminence book.Or get some design software and design your own.

[quote name='Toasted' post='81308' date='Oct 30 2007, 03:59 PM']Hi, my reasonable is likely different to your reasonable, is likely different to Flea's resonable - if you set a budget I'm sure someone will help.[/quote]

[quote name='sk8' post='81309' date='Oct 30 2007, 04:02 PM']i did in the sub title but to save confusion

£300 max, sub £200 ideal[/quote]

Sorry for being a nugget.

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='81344' date='Oct 30 2007, 04:58 PM']keep your eyes on the for sale bits here, i picked up a techsoundsystems classic 2x12 for £200 from a very nice man on the statii bb.[/quote]

Is that the silver speaker model with one speaker on an angled baffle board like Schroeder?

[quote name='obbm' post='81995' date='Oct 31 2007, 10:58 PM'][url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2x12-Retro-Brown-Woven-Mesh-Bass-Cabinet_W0QQitemZ160174964928QQihZ006QQcategoryZ58719QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]<a href="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2x12-Retro-Brown-Woven-Mesh-Bass-Cabinet_W0QQitemZ160174964928QQihZ006QQcategoryZ58719QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem" target="_blank">http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2x12-Retro-Brown-Wov...1QQcmdZViewItem[/url]</a>[/quote]

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2x12-Retro-Brown-Woven-Mesh-Bass-Cabinet_W0QQitemZ160174964928"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2x12-Retro-Brown-Wov...emZ160174964928[/url]

I removed the information after the item number to make the link active.

[quote name='paul, the' post='82048' date='Nov 1 2007, 05:14 AM']Oh and could someone please buy that and save me the 4 hour car journey.

Despite my negativity towards Carlsbro... that's gorgeous.[/quote]
I checked that out last time it was on Ebay as I live quite near Chichester and it's better in the looks department than the sound department, sadly!

It's a completely empty box with two unbranded 12" drivers in there, so you can definitely save yourself the journey...

Nik

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='82596' date='Nov 2 2007, 12:36 AM']I checked that out last time it was on Ebay as I live quite near Chichester and it's better in the looks department than the sound department, sadly!

It's a completely empty box with two unbranded 12" drivers in there, so you can definitely save yourself the journey...

Nik[/quote]

Gahh, thought as much. A guilty price..

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='81432' date='Oct 30 2007, 07:24 PM']Is that the silver speaker model with one speaker on an angled baffle board like Schroeder?[/quote]

yes!
but i know nothing about it except the make of the speakers (B&C whoever they are) and it used to be played by someone called John Giblin who apparently is of Simple Minds/ Kate Bush fame when the distributer was trying to convince him to use it. oh and it sounds nice. clean.

Edited by LukeFRC

Peavey do a 2x12 bass cab cheap, looks a bit like the BFM Omni10 which you would be much better off with weight wise and soundwise. But whatever floats your boat. I must admit I like the sound of a 12" bass speaker. Do not be put off by the Omni 10 being 10" speakers as the cab design makes them sound bigger. My choice by a mile, and you can use any bass speaker in them. Mind you the recommended ones only cost £80 a pair, £30 for wood, under a tenner for the plans, cab paint and fixings £25, job done and no upgrading needed.

[quote name='Subthumper' post='81317' date='Oct 30 2007, 04:20 PM']For that sort of money you could build something really good,as individual looking as you like,plus a massive power handling(enough to take just about any head you buy in the future)and probably better than you could get new or second hand.Try the BFM plans or even the eminence book.Or get some design software and design your own.[/quote]

What are the BFM PLans and where can I get hold of them? I'm interested in building my own 2 x10 with neo speakers.
Thanks

• 3 weeks later...