Why become a member? ×

Good place for Fender pattern bass parts?

HarryPotter

There is a US based seller on ebay called reliablefender with a shop called The Stratosphere. It's mainly broken down Strats and Teles but there are often many bass bits and pieces on there. You have to check every few days. I've bought a few bits from him and it's all legit Fender stuff

[quote name='ednaplate' post='81523' date='Oct 30 2007, 11:10 PM']There is a US based seller on ebay called reliablefender with a shop called The Stratosphere. It's mainly broken down Strats and Teles but there are often many bass bits and pieces on there. You have to check every few days. I've bought a few bits from him and it's all legit Fender stuff[/quote]

It's mainly Japanese bass parts at the moment, last year they had more USA parts. They have plenty of satisfied customers.

I think there's a US ebay seller called Slonk who sells parts, a lot of which are good quality Japanese ones from, I think, basses made by Signature. There's some nice stuff on show. Another good seller is Sigler music who do pickups, bridges etc... They have a lot of the Fender Custom shop and Seymour Duncan basslines. You can also get badass bridges from them for a good price. Need to keep checking their ebay shop though.

A good aftermarket preamp is the Audere JZ3. Again, exchange rates, which are becoming ever more attractive for buying from the US make all of the above potential bargains.