Why become a member? ×

Requests for donations/contributions

Hamster

As a result of this topic - [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=77152"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=77152[/url]

I was concerned over the announcement over the death of jimmypreston as teenage/young suicide is one of the few things that make me quite uncomfortable. I posted my concerns over the wording of the announcement in the moderators forum for the rest of the guys to discuss, as I didn't like the finger pointing/accusations. MythSte commented that the whole post didn't sit quite right with him.

When donations were asked for I looked a little closer at the stories of maddude16 and jimmypreston. I found inconsistencies with their stories and their posts which were confirmed by the times and use of IP addresses by each of them.

I contacted maddude16 and asked him to supply more details about his original post. I got a reply but no answers.

I then replied and pointed out that I was concerned with inconsistencies that I’d found, as I’ve mentioned above, and outlined them to him. I got a reply but no answers.

I replied again, this time itemising the inconsistencies and asking for an explanation;- the absence of which meant I was accusing maddude16 of being deliberately misleading.

I have received an apology from maddude16 but no explanation or answers. Without a very clear explanation from maddude16, I am unable to come to any conclusion save that maddude16 and jimmypreston were the same person.

The moderation team believe there is no need to pursue this issue further, unless one of the members who donated wants to formalise proceedings by making an allegation with their local police. I have locked the appropriate accounts and informed maddude16 that he is now banned from this forum.

This incident will result in an addition to the forum’s terms & conditions in regards to members seeking donations for charity or for individuals who have been identified with a particular need. The wording of this will be announced in due course, suffice to say that anyone proposing to collect money or equipment for charitable purposes or good causes will have to agree to prove that their request is genuine. Requests will have to be capable of being corroborated to the satisfaction of one of the site Administrators before the request is posted on the forum, PM’d or e-mailed to any other member.

Thanks to MythSte for his early forthrightness in sharing his doubts and Shockwave for his bloodhound talents.

Hamster

Just to add to what Colin has already said. He, Rob and Steve deserve full credit for sniffing this one out. While we still don't have any specific proof that fraud was committed, there's a lot of compelling circumstantial evidence to suggest things may not have been as they appeared.

So thanks very much chaps, we're lucky to have the Dynamic Trio onboard. :)