Why become a member? ×

The new Bass Centre website

Brother Jones

The Bass Centre continues its slow suicide. The new website is R U B B I S H. Unless you want to buy, er, a Warwick amp. There's no way of simply accessing what they have in stock at the moment - which seems (at least to me) the most important role of a shop website.

It's not wonder the Gallery is taking over. Their website isn't perfect, but it works.

Or maybe I'm just not finding the right link on the BC one?

Jones

It seems slightly faster than the old one - or is that just because there's so few products on there at the moment?

I was in the Bass Centre on Monday - there was only a single member of staff in the whole shop (upstairs and down) despite it being 10 o'clock in the morning, and so I couldn't actually try anything out, but was allowed to look around so long as the guy could see me from the stairs... It says something when the shop's staff can't be there in time for normal opening hours. I did notice that they now had half a wall of Tune basses that hadn't been there on my last visit and would have liked to try out one of the fretlesses but it was at the top of the wall and therefore inaccessible. Hung around for 15 minutes and still no-one else had turned up despite assurances that "he's on his way" I couldn't be bothered to wait any more.

Presumably they felt they had to change the site because they don't have Napper to update it any more - and the new site is obviously a work in progress. What's the problem with that? Better to have something they are able to manage themselves than a site going more and more out of date (whether or not that site had more info on it).

[quote name='Brother Jones' post='82963' date='Nov 2 2007, 10:15 PM']The Bass Centre continues its slow suicide. The new website is R U B B I S H. Unless you want to buy, er, a Warwick amp. There's no way of simply accessing what they have in stock at the moment - which seems (at least to me) the most important role of a shop website.

It's not wonder the Gallery is taking over. Their website isn't perfect, but it works.

Or maybe I'm just not finding the right link on the BC one?

Jones[/quote]

MB1. :)
Thatll be..... new site same service then? :huh: