Why become a member? ×

Looking for a new small amp

amj

First of all, it's great to have the forum back again! Thanks to everyone involved with making that happen!

Anyway, me and my band are looking at doing at more gigs over the summer (we've been on a bit of a break due to uni commitments) and as such I think I'm going to need a new amp (maybe). At the moment I'm playing a Trace Elliot boxer 65, a 65 W 12" combo which is great for practices but I feel like I could do with a bit more oomph. So with that in mind I'm looking for something more powerful that the above, preferably not too heavy and not too expensive. Although I'd pay more for an amp that I could like extension cabs to or that would last for a fair while. With regards to sound, versatility would be nice, we play mostly indie type stuff but I'm also into prog stuff (dream theater etc) and some metal (opeth etc) but I also like to play a bit of slap from time to time (RHCP etc).

The other thought I had was pretty much ditching the amp idea and just going DI but I don't think that'd be reliable enough considering the venues we'd most likely be playing at.

So having considered all that, does anyone care to make some reccomendations?

Thanks!

I use an EA iAmp 200 combo at the moment - very light only 37lb's and sounds great, loads of punch and crystal clear - to buy it new would be very expensive, however I'm considering changing my rig to a valve pre amp and power set up, trouble is I have to sell my combo first...

Check this out... [url="http://www.overwater.co.uk/euphonic_audio_iamp_200_wz.htm"]iAmp 200 combo details[/url]

I'm looking or about £500ono

PM If you're interested.

Cheers

John

Edited by jwbassman