Why become a member? ×

Needed...DB strings!!!! *SORTED*

overwater#1

Hi all,

I have just borrowed a DB off my local music service. Its a Zeller hybrid-carved front, lam back/ribs.
I need this bass for a gig and show next week!!
When I recieved the bass, the D string was broken. The D is the same thickness as the A string on other basses I have borrowed.

Does anyone have any spare DB strings? Either a D string to suit, or a full set? Some that have been used and just stuck in the drawer, 2nd hand? I dont want to pay much really for these, if at all, Ideally Id like to borrow a string, as Im trying to get them to buy a replacement. Not sure how long that'l take though?

Let me know if you can help!
Cheers!
Matt :)

Edited by overwater#1

[quote name='overwater#1' post='83405' date='Nov 4 2007, 09:42 AM']Hi all,

I have just borrowed a DB off my local music service. Its a Zeller hybrid-carved front, lam back/ribs.
I need this bass for a gig and show next week!!
When I recieved the bass, the D string was broken. The D is the same thickness as the A string on other basses I have borrowed.

Does anyone have any spare DB strings? Either a D string to suit, or a full set? Some that have been used and just stuck in the drawer, 2nd hand? I dont want to pay much really for these, if at all, Ideally Id like to borrow a string, as Im trying to get them to buy a replacement. Not sure how long that'l take though?

Let me know if you can help!
Cheers!
Matt :)[/quote]

Matt,
I have an old set of D'Addairos in the house if you wish, that you can have for nowt. Just pm me your address.
Mike E.