Why become a member? ×

Lights were on

bass_ferret

[quote name='NJW' post='91956' date='Nov 21 2007, 04:22 AM']Im sorry to spoil the fun...

I worked on crew for a McFly concert and there were no additional musicians... and they were quite good! They had a lot of dummy amps though, but they do play live (perhaps not on telly though!).[/quote]

Fair enough.

I mean busted then. yea, sure.

[quote name='stingrayfan' post='92036' date='Nov 21 2007, 10:39 AM']Spoilsport! I had visions of some old duffers knocking out the tunes from a pit under the stage.[/quote]
I had visions of the 'performing' monkeys being run over by a tank.
pity it didn't happen.

anyone got a tank?

[quote name='grosa' post='93138' date='Nov 23 2007, 06:21 AM']I had visions of the 'performing' monkeys being run over by a tank.
pity it didn't happen.

anyone got a tank?[/quote]

I don't have a tank but i'm willing to sign up for your cause, SIR! *salutes*

[quote name='grosa' post='93138' date='Nov 23 2007, 06:21 AM']I had visions of the 'performing' monkeys being run over by a tank.
pity it didn't happen.

anyone got a tank?[/quote]

Yes, but I'll have to put the fish in the bath if you're going to borrow it.

[quote name='bremen' post='92005' date='Nov 21 2007, 09:44 AM']Or at least load up a few washing machines...[/quote]
Washing machines are so 2002 - this year, the in thing is a chicken rotisserie oven:
[url="http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b2/Geddy-henhouse.jpg"][/url]
:)

Yeah I'd like to add, although I originally thought it was all backing tracks etc they do actually play live, and they are quite decent too. They ought to be after four (!?) arena tours and all the rest. As far as I know they don't even use a click track.
As for studio musicians I wouldn't know.

anyway not my cup of tea, but they put on a good show and they can all play their instruments.

As for appearing live on tv, sometimes you don't get a choice. We were denied a full live set up when we did CIN on BBC wales. It was live vocals to track. It was terrible for me, being the bass player and all. It actually sounded and looked far worse than our normal show.

Plus side is I did get to show off my black on black Musicman sterling! Bought it from martthebass a few weeks back, love it!
The neck on those things is amazing... I use it for everything now.

ed