Why become a member? ×

Side fretboard (top edge) lights

Tinman

[quote name='OldGit' post='7538' date='May 27 2007, 11:54 AM']14 weeks? Yeah, right... and wedding gigs always start on time ... :)[/quote]
I guess you're saying that it could be longer than that.
I'm in no rush really, I think Jon said he's got 12 builds on the go at the minute, so he's a busy man.

It will soon pass especially with a couple of weeks of that time you being on holiday, and such.. When you do get it. I'm sure you will be like a kid on christmas day. I would if I had to wait 14 weeks.

Edited by simon73

[quote name='simon73' post='7564' date='May 27 2007, 12:26 PM']It will soon pass especially with a couple of weeks of that time you being on holiday, and such.. When you do get it. I'm sure you will be like a kid on christmas day. I would if I had to wait 14 weeks.[/quote]

When I get it I shall probably want to take it to bed with me, just to make sure the nasty night pixies don't get it.

Well , I played OBBM's blue LED equipped bass in his dressing room and they seemed to work very well.

I chose red ones for my shuker - probably because I associate LED's with being red!! An unexpected bonus was that - at outdoor summer gigs - I can see them clearly with the sun in my face. I can't speak for other colours in that dept.

I think any colour would be better than none and pobably down to personal preference. Shame you're based in the land of the stump - you're welcome to try mine.

You didn't - by any chance - spot a headless Status with a new top that looked remarkably close to being finished while you were at Jons did you?

[quote name='Dr.Dave' post='7983' date='May 28 2007, 10:35 AM']Well , I played OBBM's blue LED equipped bass in his dressing room and they seemed to work very well.

I chose red ones for my shuker - probably because I associate LED's with being red!! An unexpected bonus was that - at outdoor summer gigs - I can see them clearly with the sun in my face. I can't speak for other colours in that dept.

I think any colour would be better than none and pobably down to personal preference. Shame you're based in the land of the stump - you're welcome to try mine.

You didn't - by any chance - spot a headless Status with a new top that looked remarkably close to being finished while you were at Jons did you?[/quote]

Dave

I expect that blue ones would be swamped in bright sunlight, mind you, there's not much chance of me doing outdoor gigs at the moment.

It is a problem being stuck out here in the middle of nowhere (Dood's even worse off) where are you based?

I guess you didn't see my thread where I offered to take pics of peoples builds for them. I didn't see yours but that probably means that Jon has taken it home for the final polishing.

Alpha-Dave is going to see Jon on Tuesday, you might want to ask him to ask Jon about it.

Cheers Pete

[quote name='neepheid' post='7508' date='May 27 2007, 10:47 AM']Not on all eyes, my eyes hate bright blue light, can't focus it correctly. Small, round LEDs look like fuzzy blue flowers. All other colours are fine.[/quote]

It was a generalisation- easy on [i]my[/i] eyes. If someone has a problem perceiving blue I'm guessing you wouldn't consider blue when deciding what colour LEDs to get.
:)

[quote name='chardbass' post='8033' date='May 28 2007, 12:45 PM']It was a generalisation- easy on [i]my[/i] eyes. If someone has a problem perceiving blue I'm guessing you wouldn't consider blue when deciding what colour LEDs to get.
:)[/quote]

Sorry, didn't mean anything by it, just having a belly-ache about my defective eyes to be honest.

I was also interested to learn that it wasn't just me with such a problem.

:huh:

[quote]I expect that blue ones would be swamped in bright sunlight, mind you, there's not much chance of me doing outdoor gigs at the moment.[/quote]

It wouldn't matter anyway though would it, if there's bright sunlight you'll be able to see your fretboard rather well anyway :)

[quote name='Waldo' post='8069' date='May 28 2007, 01:42 PM']It wouldn't matter anyway though would it, if there's bright sunlight you'll be able to see your fretboard rather well anyway :)[/quote]

Unless, as has happened to me in the past, it acts like a mirror. I'm thinking a maple board may cause a problem in that situation.

A band I was part of in Germany used to have lights that shone up from the floor, nightmare, it made the ebony board totally reflective.

[quote name='Marcus' post='8095' date='May 28 2007, 02:18 PM']Learn where the notes are and you'll not need any LED's :)

ha ha !!

Only Kidding !!

Red my choice[/quote]
You're absolutely right :huh:

It's more for when I need to go up to the dustier reaches of the board, largely for the rest of the time I can do it without looking (ooh, check me out).
I guess it's more of a safety net for when I do need to look.