Why become a member? ×

New Bass for Xmas

Jean-Luc Pickguard

I managed to get one of these on ebay for my 12 year old daughter's xmas pressie - a daisy rock stardust elite 32" scale bass. It should be delivered tomorrow. She's been after this exact bass for ages as her purple daisyrock heartbreaker is uncomfy to carry and she isn't allowed to taker her lilac '71 musicmaster out of the house.

Its so pretty I'm almost tempted to keep it for myself (not sure what my bandmates would say though :) )

Not bad for £220 & listed as new

[url="http://www.daisyrock.com/products/basses/elite_bass.htm"][url="http://www.daisyrock.com/products/basses/elite_bass.htm"]http://www.daisyrock.com/products/basses/elite_bass.htm[/url][/url]

[quote name='ashevans09' post='84707' date='Nov 7 2007, 12:16 AM']that is AWESOME! :)

Expect a very happy daughter come christmas day. She know she's getting this?[/quote]
No it'll be a surprise. She found it on ebay, but I told her I forgot to bid. She doesn't know how to look at completed listings so doesn't know I put in an offer. - I'm having it delivered to the office so she won't see it.

[quote name='elom' post='84667' date='Nov 6 2007, 11:15 PM']That's a nice looking bass.

Someone on here used to have one of their butterfly basses didn't they?[/quote]

I think Paul_C has one for sale, though I'm not sure. I know one day, I'm gonna get one of those butterfly Daisy Rocks. They look cool, in a quirky way.

Well the hasn't turned up yet. I'm sure it was supposed to be one day delivery, but maybe it hasn't been sent yet. I'll give it a few days before chasing it up.

In the meantime here's a closeup I found by googling

I love the les paul jnr doublecut shape & It looks like the violetburst will be less "pinky" than the other pic I found on the Daisyrock web site. mmm - When it arrives I might have to 'forget' to give it to the little 'un and keep it for myself...

I'm sure she'll be going mental christmas day. If only we all had that kind of encouragement as youths, it seems to have worked pretty well for Victor Wooten hasn't it !!!

We'll have to keep an eye out for your daughter as the next big thing then I suppose :)

Burpster's right about them not beign taken seriously because they're aimed at girls, that's like saying BC Rich shouldn't be takens seriously because they're aimed at a specific heavy rock audience. I never played a Daisy Rock tho, haven't heard much crap about them tho I must admit.