Why become a member? ×

New bass for me!

sshorepunk

Lets just say I took advantage of the dodgey $$ and the whole lot arrived just into 4 figures!

I'm saying that because I honestly can't remember!

It does play sweet, the string spacing takes some getting used too (tight) but very punchy sound, I remember playing a set neck version and that was the same.
The action is nice, but the strings are heavier than what I use and the bridge pick up is set too high cautin a little distortion when played hard! I like the way the neck flattens off at the back as you get around the 12th fret, Warwick do better neck thru necks than they do bolt on IMHO!

Tony

Phallic? check your medication dude!

Martin, yeah I decided to have a completet change and had tried a few warwicks over the last couple of months, found the Dolphin is about the punchiest bass I've ever played, nice neck shape and it does feel right, just a pig to put on a stand.

As for the Stage 1, I play 5 most of the time these days, but wanted a 4 string to satisfy my thumb, this popped up on ebay a few days back, less than a year old for £600, I know there's a lot who prefer earlier versions, but the critical part for me is neck shape and neck thu Warwicks have it!
I may try a $$ as well, play around with the p/ups and pre, maybe even have a neck shave done if the sound is right.

Did you know Warwick now offer 3 neck profiles? On custom shop models, a bit steep though, should offer it as a regular option like they do broadneck! I spoke to Martin Peterson about this a while back, he said it didn't need much wood taking off to make a Warwick neck feel a lot more sleak!

Early morning waffle, time for coffeeee

T