Why become a member? ×

anyone thinking of buying the Duff Mckagan signature model?

sk8

[quote name='Jean-Luc Pickguard' post='85285' date='Nov 8 2007, 10:00 AM']Is it designed to be played by the producer or another band member while the bass player is away shooting up somewhere? :huh:[/quote]

MB1. :)

Drugs and music!...They dont mix you know!....it'll end in tears!

Why bother buying a new 'Duff' model when you can get a real deal 80's Jazz Special for about £300 !
even better stick a pair of Seymour Duncan 1/4lbr's in and you've got a cracking bass !

I'm sure Zoe will tell you about her's

Edited by Adee

[quote name='Adee' post='85373' date='Nov 8 2007, 12:08 PM']Why bother buying a new 'Duff' model when you can get a real deal 80's Jazz Special for about £300 !
even better stick a pair of Seymour Duncan 1/4lbr's in and you've got a cracking bass !

I'm sure Zoe will tell you about her's

[/quote]

You certainly can! Mine's a 1989 Jazz Bass Special - and does the 'Duff' sound with all the dirt and vigour you'd expect ;o) .. thing mine was around the same price off ebay too Zoe!

Nice, in white too of course. I was always wondering when he'd get a sig model. I'm guessing they're US made?

[url="http://www.fender.com/products//search.php?partno=0146500323"][url="http://www.fender.com/products//search.php?partno=0146500323"]http://www.fender.com/products//search.php?partno=0146500323[/url][/url]

Edited by Tee

[quote name='Tee' post='85915' date='Nov 9 2007, 01:42 PM']Nice, in white too of course. I was always wondering when he'd get a sig model. I'm guessing they're US made?
</a>[/quote]

Nah, there just made in mexico while the original Jazz Special is made in Japan!

and yeah i agree with my dad (Adee), do what i did... buy a Jazz Special for around £300 and spend £50 getting some seymore duncans put on it

:)

Edit: i didnt think the duff had seymores on it, but the J-pup on there is a seymore

Zo
xx

Edited by Zoe_BillySheehan

that one on Gumtree's a US Precision Plus Deluxe.

edit- actually that's a weird one- it's got the US P plus deluxe active eq, but 20 frets and standard bridge, and standard exposed pole pickups-

the Plus Deluxe had 22frets, Lace Sensor pickups and a heavy cast bridge.

it looks like cross between that and the later Mex precision special.

Edited by SJA

[quote name='Zoe_BillySheehan' post='86385' date='Nov 10 2007, 08:11 AM']im not sure dood, i just compared mine with the pic and i think its just about the same.
I think ive got a slightly old Jazz Special than most.. cause all the other ive seen had the painted black neck
does yours?

Zo
xx[/quote]

Mines a natural neck too.. no actually, I can see what the difference is. I think the tuning keys are a different shape. Not so tall. Not that its a problem.. just doesnt look quite as right to my eye. Bit like the export and non export CIJ basses that come with different keys (From Ishibashi for example)