Why become a member? ×

well, they ain't solo bass anymore

gypsymoth

in my continued efforts to amuse myself, and maybe you, I have added another new draft tune (little boy) from the bunch I'm recording. so a couple "band" solo pieces, a couple solo bass songs, and a what the heck I always wanted to do them but never bothered to learn them bit.

oh yeah - hit the now working link below

edit - just added drinking & [Sidding Hiss]ing. yeah, I'm in a hurry, I've got a lot to record and a lot to learn, and I'll redo these and likely more after I've got em all down.

more edit - the last of the solo bass tunes has been replaced by solo band tunes, with a new song scheduled for each week over the summer. by then I might know what I'm doing and be able to fix the more glaring errors :)

Edited by gypsymoth

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

oooh, it's terrible. enough of the new "band tunes are "done" that I have had to start rotating them out already.
what is a touch embarrassing is that I do the bass last - and spend almost zero time figuring something for it. it's a little tough keeping the guitar feel up and trying to progress on the drums, so the bass is taking a back seat for now.
when they are all done I'll likely go back as a bass player and redo a few (?) of the bass tracks.
for now the important thing is getting them down and out of my head so I can hear what they need, as well as recording/sound/mix quality - which varies with each reset up of the mics.