Why become a member? ×

Off topic - notice of deletion.

Kiwi

We've decided to remove the off topic forum from Basschat. Basically the reason is because it doesn't really get used for discussing anything constructive and the ranting and swearing and sexism is just dragging down the happy clappy atmosphere we'll now be insisting on from this point. There are some members who only seem to be on the forum for off topic as well. So its just better if we get rid of it and get people back to talking about bass.

We'll be deleting the group at midday today so if you want to save anything please do it before then.

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='792827' date='Apr 1 2010, 01:25 AM']We'll be deleting the group at midday today so if you want to save anything please do it before then.[/quote]
Really? Blimey. I mean, I know it's your train-set, but a bit of consultation might not have gone amiss. Plus your page-count's going to halve.

Sorry Kiwi, but with all respect, I think this is enormously short-sighted. Surely there's a bit of room in the world for compromise. Maybe firm up the rules a bit.

A very bad day, all round.

Edited by skankdelvar

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='792827' date='Apr 1 2010, 01:25 AM']We've decided to remove the off topic forum from Basschat. Basically the reason is because it doesn't really get used for discussing anything constructive and the ranting and swearing and sexism is just [i]dragging down the happy clappy atmosphere we'll now be insisting on from this point[/i]. There are some members who only seem to be on the forum for off topic as well. So its just better if we get rid of it and get people back to talking about bass.

We'll be deleting the group at midday today so if you want to save anything please do it before then.[/quote]
Hang on, is this an April fools thing???????

[quote name='Jase' post='792843' date='Apr 1 2010, 01:07 AM']That's what people do there.[/quote]
Exactly. Getting rid of off topic will excise that tendency completely and raise the standard of discussion. I will be leading a morning prayer as well. Some of you may have a problem with that but there's no obligation to participate. It will help some of us focus on the day and give thanks for having the forum.

[quote name='silddx' post='793346' date='Apr 1 2010, 02:25 PM']I'm afraid sussed this one out in an instant.[/quote]

I didn't :).....and I'm on the bloody staff! lol
Shows how aware of the date I am

Si

Well thats what happens when I don't prepare much. I've been so preoccupied with work recently that I'd left it until the last minute although I remember someone mentioning something last year which made me think 'hmm'. The local newspaper caught me out, by printing a 'leaked' spoof story that was directly relevant to my job in the local council. I was on the verge of sending a fairly frank email to my General Manager asking how on earth this had happened when I realised the date...