Why become a member? ×

Moffat Bass Bash 3

skelf

[quote name='skelf' post='808020' date='Apr 16 2010, 08:45 AM']If you can get a train to Lockerbie I can pick you up. Not even sure if that is possible or easy you would need to look into it.[/quote]
sat
Dep kirkcaldy 0754 arr Edinburgh 0909
dep Edinburgh 0922 arr Lockerbie 1024
sun
dep lockerbie 1832 arr carlisle 1850
dep Carlisle1906 arr Edinburgh 2022
dep Edinburgh 2100 arr Kirkcaldy 2134

Iwould check to make sure all trains are running.
I live 15 miles from Moffat but cant make it unfortunatelly
working both days signaller for Network Rail.

[quote name='BassBunny' post='807451' date='Apr 15 2010, 06:12 PM']Don't be a "wuss" bring her along. That's what I am doing.... :)[/quote]

To be fair, she is uber supportive of my playing and if I was able to come along she would be there as well, along with the two mini-me's! In fact we are currently having a discussion about whether I should take the plunge and get a custom build done - and so far it seems I'm the one more against the idea, which seems to be all wrong! :rolleyes:

Cancelling the holiday would be an excommunication offense, though.

[quote name='skelf' post='808020' date='Apr 16 2010, 08:45 AM']If you can get a train to Lockerbie I can pick you up. Not even sure if that is possible or easy you would need to look into it.[/quote]

Cheers Alan, I'll look into it, but I'm also working on the Sat. so wouldn't be able to leave till tea time anyway.....I'm probably not going to make it! :)

D.

[quote name='david_l_perry' post='808187' date='Apr 16 2010, 11:09 AM']As long as you are up for the bare back Lama riding that Alan insists on you will be fine.....just grit your teath and enjoy it....[/quote]
Phew so that why I had a sore arse the next day. I though it was Ewan's overzealous spooning. :)

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='808437' date='Apr 16 2010, 02:17 PM']Phew so that why I had a sore arse the next day. I though it was Ewan's overzealous spooning. :lol:[/quote]
I wish I could make this- always had a soft spot for alpacas :)
Unfortunately not feasible for a variety of reasons. Maybe next time :rolleyes:

I'm booked in for the weekend with my zimmer, bathchair and nubile shortskirted personal nurse*.

Could everybody empty their piggybanks please as I'm having a clear out and will have about £5k of basses for sale :)

I'll also be bringing all four of my ACGs (NOT for sale).

I would be very grateful for the loan of up to five stands (I'll have 9 basses with me) - if anyone has any spare stands could you throw them in my direction please?

I'm booked in for heart surgery on Monday, 19th, so I'm not sure I'll be getting completely trousered on the Saturday night but I'm not the sort of person to run screaming when faced with a beer either. We'll see how it goes. :rolleyes:

* [size=1][color="#F5DEB3"]I'm lying about the nurse[/color][/size]

[quote name='Scoop' post='808659' date='Apr 16 2010, 05:24 PM']I would be very grateful for the loan of up to five stands (I'll have 9 basses with me) - if anyone has any spare stands could you throw them in my direction please?[/quote]

I have a spare 5 instrument stand, want me to bring it?

[quote name='david_l_perry' post='808818' date='Apr 16 2010, 07:34 PM']Watch out Scoop...I have just checked out one of the little local bylaws (Moffat verses Lancashire 1842)
If you use his stands he gets to keep the bass as a rental fee...[/quote]

Dagnabbit.

Dave I'll send you a revised list with the sale items listed. That'll be when I can be arsed, obviously.

[quote name='4000' post='808688' date='Apr 16 2010, 05:42 PM']Sadly I won't be able to make it this time as have too many personal issues getting in the way. Hopefully next time though; it's a great do.[/quote]
That's a shame dude. Who will I corner and force to try out my 5er this time? :)

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='808859' date='Apr 16 2010, 08:12 PM']Just out of interest Matt. How much gear are you taking? Do I need to stick the top box on the car this time? :)[/quote]

4 basses (one in a hard case, rest in gigbags), 1 bag of ironmongery/accessories, one or two 5 instrument stands.

[quote name='neepheid' post='808892' date='Apr 16 2010, 08:50 PM']4 basses (one in a hard case, rest in gigbags), 1 bag of ironmongery/accessories, one or two 5 instrument stands.[/quote]
So only slightly less than Bass Shiva this time. :)
[attachment=47528:Bass_Shiva.jpg]

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='808862' date='Apr 16 2010, 08:14 PM']That's a shame dude. Who will I corner and force to try out my 5er this time? :)[/quote]

Ah, and there was me planning to woo Betty when you weren't looking! :rolleyes:

Was looking forward to it too, but as our singer says, the devil has sh*t in my kettle again.