Why become a member? ×

Moffat Bass Bash 3

skelf

Best post this lot here as well....

and for those fo you that said you were gonna come and couldnt be arsed....sucks be to you....you missed a top time.... :)

What a top, top laugh...:lol:

Photos then.....:rolleyes:

Saturday night at the curry...

Matt (neepheid), Rich (Ou7shined), Ewan (Eude) and Alpha Dave

Mike (SK8) and Steve (munkonthehill)

Matt (neepheid), Rich (Ou7shined), Ewan (Eude) and Alpha Dave .....again

Our very own hairy Pedro and his lovely lady Linda...

Alan and Sugden Sharing a moment of love I feel....and Paul (MRThumb)

Jim fleeting, Scoop and the drummer and guitarist who joined us for the weekend

Back to the pub for some more lubrication....

We moved on back to Ewan, matt and Rich's gaff.....I left just after taking this shot.....the clock says 2.30am.....Ewan stayed up fecking about till 4am...

And then finally some shots of the Sunday.....something to do with bass guitars apparantly.....:)

To be honest I have bugger all shots of the bash....more of the beer and curry....

Jim Fleeting playing his 9 string (or was it 10..??)

Jim is a frighteningly good player.....:cool:

Rich jamming...bloody great feel and funk from this chap...

Shaun the guitarist who was a great laugh, and uber nice player....

Drummer Bertie, kept it nice and quite when it need to be...it was ace having guys to jam along to and try out some gear....

Steve (phatbassdood) checking out the quite room.....

Jim Fleeting with the band...

And finnally the most important shot......Scoop turns 50 in a weeks time...last Monday he had heart surgery....on Saturday he was up with us eating curry and drinking beer.....:rolleyes:

Alan presented him with his very own Birthday cake carved from offcuts of some lovely bits of wood.....

Hopefully others will have some otehr better shots of the day...:lol:

Dave

Edited by david_l_perry

I only had the chance to take 1 pic this time as I got too caught up in everything else going on today.
It's the hilarious moment Peter realised that I wear my bass a little low. :)

A massive thanks to Alan.

I had a fecking blast, caught up with the usual suspects and met some top new guys too.
Dave's new 3way is quite simply the badgers vag.... once you've got a bass with a full battery through it, Peter :rolleyes:
Best of all the new addition of Shaun & Craig (drums and guitar) who kicked in if you got a groove going trying something out. I really hope they will be permanent feature of future bashes.

Best one yet.
Roll on Mophatt IV !!

Totally brilliant event - I especially enjoyed NOT having a hangover on the Sunday morning for this one. It was good to catch up with people again, and to meet others for the first time. The guitarist and drummer were stars, and Laurences talk on jazz improv was both fascinating, thought provoking, inspiring and confusing in roughly equal measures.

A big thank you to Alan and Dave for organising it, and another to Dave for the lift there and back. Roll on the next one.

I had an excellent time this weekend - Saturday was a great laugh, excellent company, good food. I was saved from a hangover by a beer which just wasn't agreeing with me at the curry house, it put me off for the rest of the night. So I came home with a six pack of Guinness, bonus!

Sunday was the usual mix of bass geekery, but with the added twist of having a house band. Some awesome jams were the result and I was blown away by the playing. I didn't quite have the nerve to have a go myself, maybe next time :) I got to try some basses I've never played before (some of which I'll never be able to afford/justify) and although there was a little less gear than last time I think that was a good thing in that there was more emphasis on playing than just perving.

Thanks to Shaun and Bertie for the high notes and percussion, and thanks to Laurence and Jay for the double bass demo. Although it was a little bit beyond me, it gave me the feeling that I ought to learn a bit more about why I play what I play.

I remembered to take a few piccies, apologies for the poor quality, phone camera isn't the best:

Dave and his helicopter simulator:

Paul taking aim:

Shaun nodding along to the beat

Dave Perry: the oasis of calm

The Mo'phatt Trio laying down the grooves:

My bass is bigger than ALL of yours:

Edited by neepheid

Thanks to all for a great weekend. Saturday night was a hoot, and I loved geeking out on Sunday. It was really nice to meet everyone.

Particular thanks to Alan for organising it, and to "the band" for helping out and giving us something to jam along to.

Thanks for the compliment on my playing, Dave. There was some amazing players there, and I loved listening to other people playing.

I wonder if I'd have understood a bit more of the lecture on theory if I wasn't a bit jaded from the beer the previous evening.

What a great week-end. Nice to be able to put faces to names and there was some seriously great playing on Sunday.
Thanks to Alan and Dave for organising it and to the "visiting" musicians for the House Band and the Theory session.
Seriously impressed with Rich's Pingray considering it was built from a box of bits.

Would just like to thank Alan and Dave for yet another awesome Bass Bash!
Was great to meet some new folks, putting some faces and real names to the screen names of folks I've bothered on here, and to catch up with friends I'd made at previous events.

Once again, an amazing array of gear, some incredible bass players and as usual, just a bunch of really nice folks.
Top curry, too much beer and little to no sleep, the perfect ingredients for an awesome weekend and a horrendous Monday.

Apologies to anyone Mat and I kept up by playing bass till the wee small hours of Sunday morning, I blame Mat almost entirely, if he'd brought less basses with him, I would've got through them all a lot quicker and as a result, off to my bed sooner.

Can't wait for the next one!

Eude

[quote name='skelf' post='819277' date='Apr 26 2010, 01:03 PM']Not sure why Bertie the drummer is now called Craig. Who started that up.[/quote]

Yeah....its the drummer in my band that is called Craig..... :)

Edited the post but obviously not soon enough.....perhaps you cen tell Bertie its probably best if he now changes his name to craig to save confusion on the next bash.....

Well chaps this was my first time coming to the Moffat bass bash and it was freaking awesome. Although I hadn't met anyone until this weekend I felt right at home and feel as though I've came away with some right good mates.

Shaun and bertie really brought out the tunes and when you have dave and rich playing like warriors it just made everyone sit down with mouths opened. Unfortunatly due to some amazing playing I decided to take a back seat with my playing but trust me you all won't be as lucky next time hahaha

alan and dave deserve an award for organising this and thank both of you chaps.

I'm a dead cert for next one alan so keep me a space.

And for everyone who was at the breakfast table...... I think my top looked better inside out hahaha.

Again though.. To everyone who was there and made this a cracking weekend a hope to see you all soon.

Cheers
steven

[quote name='munkonthehill' post='819817' date='Apr 26 2010, 07:25 PM']Well chaps this was my first time coming to the Moffat bass bash and it was freaking awesome. Although I hadn't met anyone until this weekend I felt right at home and feel as though I've came away with some right good mates.

Shaun and bertie really brought out the tunes and when you have dave and rich playing like warriors it just made everyone sit down with mouths opened. Unfortunatly due to some amazing playing I decided to take a back seat with my playing but trust me you all won't be as lucky next time hahaha

alan and dave deserve an award for organising this and thank both of you chaps.

I'm a dead cert for next one alan so keep me a space.

And for everyone who was at the breakfast table...... I think my top looked better inside out hahaha.

Again though.. To everyone who was there and made this a cracking weekend a hope to see you all soon.

Cheers
steven[/quote]and we now know what bass Darth Vader would play and what it would sound like :)