Why become a member? ×

Instrument Cases - Your Options

[quote name='tayste_2000' timestamp='1277209765' post='874386']
Found it, [url="http://www.scottdixoninc.com/music/cases.html"]http://www.scottdixo...usic/cases.html[/url]

Trying to get a custom case built for my Overwaters
[/quote]

Warwick (Who have been mentioned a lot in this thread actually) also do a similar case, and if the quality of my Warwick rack case (£42 Eco Line) is anything to go off, it should be quite good.

Liam

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have been using Hiscox cases for all my instruments for 12years or so. They have been through dozens of airports and are still going strong. The only problem I have found is that the lock clips are exposed and are prone to damage, but I have never had a problem thus far.

My flight cases for my rig are made by Dragon Cases in Cwmbran [url="http://www.dragoncases.co.uk"]http://www.dragoncases.co.uk[/url] . Made to order and built like tanks!

I also have a Gig Skinz shoulder bag for my EBS Reidmar amp, which also fits most small D-Class amps. Loads of protection and look very cool too!

[quote name='s_u_y_*' timestamp='1183070259' post='24684']

Anyways, this is what would be perfect for me:

-Obviously good padding
-Good support for pin strap at the bottom of the bag
-Removable straps
-Strong and comfortable side handle
-Well placed front handle, high enough so one can carry it and it will balance
-Enough space for a Mark Bass LMII

[/quote]

Check out the Gig Skinz bags. Bass Direct has 3 different sizes. I highly recommend them.

• 1 month later...

Can I suggest you avoid Gator cases..bought an Ibanez K5 Fieldy sig when they first came out and expected a hard case with it...didn't even get a gig bag..so bought a gator case from the store while there..the retaining lid strap has fallen off and the moulded inside has come adrift from the outer casing and the outer casing is made of a thin plastic which is probably too rigid and thin for air travel...basically its a pile of sh*te...I am usually really careful with what I buy but this has been one of my biggest regrets with regards to bass stuff. :(

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

iGig should accommodate most 35" basses with ease (see internal dimensions on the iGiG site). As an alternative, Mono are a decent bag and will take a longer-scale bass. Be careful with Fusion F1 - a very nice, very light and well padded (expensive) bag, but only just sufficiently long for a J - a bit of a surprise!

Edited by lozbass

Scale length is no indication of the overall size of the bass. That probably depends more on headstock layout (I'm assuming that it's a 5-string bass) 3+2 should be nice and compact 5 in-line not so much with 4+1 somewhere in between. Also depends on where the bridge is placed in relation to the end of the body.

I have a Yamaha 34" scale 5-string that has a much larger overall length due the the 5 in-line headstock and bridge placement compared to my 35" scale Reverend with it's 4+1 headstock layout and bridge positioned right at the back of the body.

Measure the overall length of your bass and check it against the internal dimensions of the case you are interested in.

• 6 months later...

I`ve got a Hiscox case for my CIJ Precision, and a Fender that came with my US Precision. If I were travelling to a gig in a van, or my bass was going on a plane, I think the Hiscox case would be my choice to keep the bass safe, just seems more substantial than the Fender one. But in my car, I use the Fender - much easier at gigs, saves having to rummage through endless Hiscox cases to find the right one :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

[quote name='lastnotleast' timestamp='1359732594' post='1959569']
Does anyone know what hardshell case will fit my Yamaha BBN5? The GB20 is discontinued and I cannot locate one anywhere.
Contact has been Made to Yamaha CS asking this very question. Assuming they respond, I may return to answer my own question.
[/quote]

I'd be very surprised if it didn't fit in a Hiscox STD-EBS.

I've got a Yamaha TRB1005 and a BB414 and they both fit in mine.

• 6 months later...

Can anyone suggest a good case that's relatively low-priced? Most of the suggestions here are out of my price range. I need something £50ish (may a tad higher if it was good enough) that's either hard case or a semi-rigid bag to fit a jazz / precision. The lower the price the better, but I'm tired of the floppy bag my bass came in.

• 1 year later...