Why become a member? ×

Echo park- Timing problems

matt_citizenbass

it doesn't really matter that much live but when i was recording my parts for my band the other week.

we noticed when we were playing to a click that the delay ever so slightly speeds up or slows down at the end, this turned out to be extremely frustrating and in the end we just took the best takes and did what we could with them.

i want to upgrade to a DL4 for better looping capabilities, but does this have the same problem? i would get the DD20 instead but it hasn't got a tap tempo thing, i dont know how i could live without that!

thanks,
Matt

[quote name='matt_citizenbass' post='88311' date='Nov 14 2007, 11:05 AM']it doesn't really matter that much live but when i was recording my parts for my band the other week.

we noticed when we were playing to a click that the delay ever so slightly speeds up or slows down at the end, this turned out to be extremely frustrating and in the end we just took the best takes and did what we could with them.

i want to upgrade to a DL4 for better looping capabilities, but does this have the same problem? i would get the DD20 instead but it hasn't got a tap tempo thing, i dont know how i could live without that!

thanks,
Matt[/quote]

To be honest, it's probably down to the tempo it's set at being a fraction off the click. Won't be noticeable for ages but over time it'll drift slightly. May be down to something as tiny as the time difference between your foot pressing the pedal and the switch activating,

Cheers,
Alun