Why become a member? ×

Replacement Warwick Electronics

darwin

Hi,

Last time I replaced the battery in my Warwick Corvette I managed to touch the battery terminals the wrong way round for a second which resulted in a worrying puff of smoke !

Since then it just hasn't sounded the same... the controls still work but compared to before and also to my Rockbass Corvette the output level is lower and it sound a bit flat - it just doesn't have the punch or bottom end that it used to.

I've carried on for a couple of months but I think I need to do something about it as it's my main gigging bass and it's really bugging me. Does anyone have any recommendations for replacement active electronics ?

Thanks
Darren

If you are certain it is completely different and is fecked (as opposed to your brain telling you it must be) then a replacement used unit might be more cost effective. There are often replacement pre's popping up on here so you may snag one at a cost that is less than the cost of a repair to your existing one.

Cheers guys. I'm sure it's not the same - I used to run my Amp flat with the same gain/vol settings but I have to boost the bottom end and run the volume higher to get the same output.

I don't think repair is an option, I used to be a lab tech in an electronics lab so can tackle most things but this is all surface mount electronics.

I'll keep an eye on the For Sale section.

Thanks

[quote name='darwin' post='88917' date='Nov 15 2007, 01:18 PM']Cheers guys. I'm sure it's not the same - I used to run my Amp flat with the same gain/vol settings but I have to boost the bottom end and run the volume higher to get the same output.

I don't think repair is an option, I used to be a lab tech in an electronics lab so can tackle most things but this is all surface mount electronics.

I'll keep an eye on the For Sale section.

Thanks[/quote]

Can you give me an idea of the bass's electrics (a pic inside or whatever) as I 'may' have a preamp and controls from a 3 pot Warwick Streamer available. Even if I decide not to sell, if you are prepared to pay for courier to and from you, I'd let you fit them just so that you can confirm it is the pre that is jiggered.

Do bear in mind that the replacement EQ need not [i]necessarily[/i] be an MEC unit.
The Warwick control cavities are fairly generous, and you may also be able to source a unit from the likes of East, Aguilar, Audere, Duncan, Bartolini etc that will fit.
They also may pop up on here second hand as has been previously suggested (good idea!)