Why become a member? ×

One for the Zoom B2.1u owners

Alun

Hi. I've been using a B2.1u for a while without complaint but when I turned up at last Friday's gig, there was a high pitched digital whine after ebery note, even in standby. I took the unit out of my signal chain and everything was fine but I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced?

It may be down to a crappy power lead ( a no-name 9v adaptor daisy chaining a few pedals) but I'm curious.

Cheers,
Alun

[quote name='Alun' post='7905' date='May 28 2007, 12:14 AM']Hi. I've been using a B2.1u for a while without complaint but when I turned up at last Friday's gig, there was a high pitched digital whine after ebery note, even in standby. I took the unit out of my signal chain and everything was fine but I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced?

It may be down to a crappy power lead ( a no-name 9v adaptor daisy chaining a few pedals) but I'm curious.

Cheers,
Alun[/quote]

Hi Alun,

I had that with my B2 once and it was something I never quite worked out the cause of to be honest.

At first I thought it was caused by weak batteries, so I changed them. I also thought it might have been caused by something else in my fx chain. I even considered the fact that I might have been caused by having too many of the B2's own fx happening at one time.

But because I changed the batteries, moved the B2 in my fx chain and took some of the fx out of the patches, I never knew for sure what the root cause was.

Hopefully, you'll be more methodical than I was and work it out properly!

Nik

Thanks Nik, I had half an hour this afternoon to have a play with my pedalboard and seem to have cured it by using a seperate power supply for the Zoom. Will see if this cure lasts or if I've just been lucky :)

Cheers,
Alun