Why become a member? ×

custom bass?

Ant

[quote name='Jean-Luc Pickguard' post='117745' date='Jan 10 2008, 12:25 PM']It seems "the best luthier in the country" hits some of his instruments very hard with an ugly-stick

... And that's my opinion, not necessarily a fact[/quote]

Well it may have been what the customer asked for of course - that's what custom luthiers do.

Some will say "You must be joking mate, I'm not building that or if I do I'm certainly not putting my name on it and you must not tell anyone I built it"

But then others may need the work ...

[quote name='Ant' post='118139' date='Jan 10 2008, 08:18 PM']hello all, thanks for the replies and help - ive decided to go with a shuker.

and i shall keep you all informed!!![/quote]

Wow that was fast ..
Tell him we sent you .....
:)

Oh and make sure you get the side LEDs thay are brilliant (geddit?!)

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='Ant' post='118139' date='Jan 10 2008, 08:18 PM']hello all, thanks for the replies and help - ive decided to go with a shuker.

and i shall keep you all informed!!![/quote]
Good call... but if it were my money, I'd have at least tried the Ibanez first.

[quote name='Rich' post='135227' date='Feb 6 2008, 06:31 PM']...and the lord looked upon the Wood Store, and he saw that it was good... not to mention potentially expensive...:huh:[/quote]

Josh, Don't listen to him. Do not ever be tempted. Just Say No, Walk away from the workshop.
DO NOT EVER go into the Shuker Wood Store,
Do not call him and say "My girlfriend's going shopping in the Next factory shop on the Chesterfield Rd so I wondered if I could just pop in and say hello and have a look at The Wood Store" ...

:)