Why become a member? ×

Self Tuning Bass?

stingrayfan

[quote name='Pikefloyd' post='121327' date='Jan 16 2008, 10:17 AM']A bit more technical information about Gibson's self tuning guitar here;

[url="http://www.theengineer.co.uk/Articles/303949/Stay+tuned.htm"]http://www.theengineer.co.uk/Articles/303949/Stay+tuned.htm[/url][/quote]

"The Who's Pete Townshend said to be keen to find out more about it."

Doncha just love Press Release Speak?
:)

[quote name='OldGit' post='121330' date='Jan 16 2008, 10:22 AM']"The Who's Pete Townshend said to be keen to find out more about it."

Doncha just love Press Release Speak?
:)[/quote]

Pete's guitar tech should do that for him on stage, shouldn't he???? pass it over after he's given it a hiding and it's well out of tune :huh:

Nah! pete don't need one.

I wouldn't bother with one m'self.

I tune my bass at sound check, and then (depending on the venue/general situation) I try to leave it on stage to "warm up". That way it doesn't go out of tune when I start playing. Sometimes it's just not possible to let the bass get used to the temperature, and it's really annoying! It has on occasion meant that we can't kick straight into the next song, which is always dissapointing.

[quote name='cheddatom' post='121399' date='Jan 16 2008, 12:12 PM']I tune my bass at sound check, and then (depending on the venue/general situation) I try to leave it on stage to "warm up". That way it doesn't go out of tune when I start playing. Sometimes it's just not possible to let the bass get used to the temperature, and it's really annoying! It has on occasion meant that we can't kick straight into the next song, which is always dissapointing.[/quote]

You don't have a silent stage tuner?
Pop the sound off as the drummer does that mad crashy thing they do at the end of the song and tune away ready for the next song.
Top Tip: Rember to put the sound back on before playing that big crashing chord intro whilst leaping off the drum riser ...

:)