Why become a member? ×

New DHA compressor

DHA

Hi,

We now have a lower cost version of our valve compressor which I hope may be of interest.

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=130174755207&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=003"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...E:IT&ih=003[/url]

Dave
DHA

Hey Dave

How would you compare this unit to the Aphex Punch Factory?
I use the Aphex and really love the sound actually, but its built like a cake! And after just one tour and 6months of gigs 3 times a week its starting to get buzzy/loss of signal on the ins/outs. I don't even stamp on it, it just remains on, on top of my amp.

Would it possible to add a XLR DI signal output?

Cheers
Si

Edited by Sibob

[quote name='Sibob' post='89881' date='Nov 17 2007, 02:13 PM']Hey Dave

How would you compare this unit to the Aphex Punch Factory?
I use the Aphex and really love the sound actually, but its built like a cake! And after just one tour and 6months of gigs 3 times a week its starting to get buzzy/loss of signal on the ins/outs. I don't even stamp on it, it just remains on, on top of my amp.

Would it possible to add a XLR DI signal output?

Cheers
Si[/quote]

Hi Si,

I have not used the Punch Factory so not the best person to ask, I also never compare to others. But, there are a few owners out there now who might be able to help.

I would not be able to fit in a DI into that box and also the price would go up if I could. I could do it in a larger box. There is a nice external one that Maplin do which would do the job.

Dave

How much extra would the unit cost with a DI in a larger box?

I'm only asking about the DI because the Punch Factory has one, and in one of the band situations I'm in, i control my front of house sound rather then a sound man.

Cheers Dave

Si

[quote name='Sibob' post='89936' date='Nov 17 2007, 04:38 PM']How much extra would the unit cost with a DI in a larger box?

I'm only asking about the DI because the Punch Factory has one, and in one of the band situations I'm in, i control my front of house sound rather then a sound man.

Cheers Dave

Si[/quote]

I would have to have a think about it but about £35-£40 at a guess.

Dave