Why become a member? ×

a wire just dropped out of my cowpoke !!!

ahpook

the output jack was cracking so i removed the plate it sits in and a short black wire just dropped out onto the floor !!

and now, no sound

:)

so i've no idea what it connects to except i presume the jack socket...

i'm going to open it up tonight and see if i can make any sense of the wiring. i really hope i can fix it...i love it.

trying to find the silver lining i restrung my jazz bass and played that last night.

wish me luck !!

i've no pictures of mine, but it's a fender mexican precision ("cowpoke") similar to this...

if it were passive i'd be able to figure it out quite easily...i'm hoping that even though it's active i can look at the pcb and work out where to connect a new cable to

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='89790' date='Nov 17 2007, 10:33 AM']You can always ask DHA for some help if you need it, this is the sort of thing we set that forum to handle. Let me know if you would like the post moved.[/quote]

Hi,

Try pushing the black lead against the earth and see if you get any noise when playing? If it fell off somewhere there must be a cue as to where like a blob of solder, broken wire or a pin on a pot not connected anymore.

Dave

[quote name='DHA' post='89931' date='Nov 17 2007, 04:26 PM']Hi,

Try pushing the black lead against the earth and see if you get any noise when playing? If it fell off somewhere there must be a cue as to where like a blob of solder, broken wire or a pin on a pot not connected anymore.

Dave[/quote]

exactly what i did...thankfully there was a fairly obvious lump of solder on the edge of the pcb.

all done and sounding great again...

at least it got my arse in gear to restring the sabre as well !!

thanks for the advice folks

:)