Why become a member? ×

South Coast Mini Bass Bash 24 April

silverfoxnik

Hi Folks,

As the title suggests, what a great way to spend the afternoon!

Last Saturday, WalMan, jhk, johnnylager & myself held a mini-bash, arranged on the basis that, as johnnylager had just bought GreeneKing's ultimate Pimp Bass (the lovely white Spector 5), we all wanted to see & hear it in action!!

Actually, I think it was more about the fact that it had been ages since the last SE Bass Bash and we were all getting a bit bored! Anyway, whatever the reason, it was a great excuse to get the toys out and make a noise! Here's a few photos:

[attachment=48777:Mr_Lager...g___bass.jpg]
Mr Lager's most excellent Pimp Bass & rig..

[attachment=48778:jhk_corner.jpg]
jhk's tiny Eden rig! (not for the faint-hearted)

[attachment=48779:WalMans_gear_1.jpg]
WalMan's suprisingly powerful Markbass/Epifani rig & basses..

[attachment=48785:Silverfo...k_Gear_1.jpg]
Silverfoxnik's basses, Eden rig (plus old Peavey MK IV head + SWR Triad + jhk's poweramp experiment :) )

There's some more photos to come which I'll put up later, plus hopefully (if I can work it out), some video footage too..

Cheers

Nik

Edited by silverfoxnik

'Twas a good afternoon indeed - even if I did immediately go home and buy something new for the collection :) I seem to have got away with it so far, but I expect it has all just been stored for future grief by MrsW

Briefly fired up the ancient Marshall Superbass through the Triad and it still sounded good. Bit of a Triggers Broom having been overhauled & re-valved a few years back, but if it wasn't so damn heavy I think I might still gig it, even though it dates from 67 according to the amp man.

Much fun with the chest wigs on the Spector, and perming some from many in Nik's rig - like the search for the lost chord, or the ultimate sound which seemed to entail purchase of a bigger car in the end :rolleyes:

Edited by WalMan

[quote name='essexbasscat' post='825941' date='May 2 2010, 09:46 PM']That's a really nice collection of gear there !!! including that little beauty of a mk iv amp Nik !! :)

T[/quote]
Cheers..

You've reminded me that I must upload some more photos!!

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='828067' date='May 5 2010, 12:09 AM']You've got a nice pair, Nik. Where DID you get those lovely RBV's? :)[/quote]
F'NAR F'NAR They are indeed. A bass I lusted after, sadly as much for the sig as anything at that time, and the one with the extras has a great range of tones

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='828067' date='May 5 2010, 12:09 AM']You've got a nice pair, Nik. Where DID you get those lovely RBV's? :)[/quote]

:rolleyes:

..You & the Beedster really should consider opening some kind of retail outlet or a franchise you know Jack..

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='829227' date='May 6 2010, 12:55 AM']:)

..You & the Beedster really should consider opening some kind of retail outlet or a franchise you know Jack..[/quote]

Did I mention the "Sell-On Fee"?

[quote name='johnnylager' post='830286' date='May 7 2010, 07:54 AM']I'm just looking at eBay, dear -

[/quote]
....and BC For Sale - OOPS! :)

Good lord no wonder I had to have that wrist replaced

Edited by WalMan

Nice photos Mr Lager!

here's a few more...

[attachment=49431:Johnny___TRB6_1.jpg]

[attachment=49432:Mr_Lager...pector_5.jpg]

[attachment=49433:Mr_Lager...dalboard.jpg]

[attachment=49434:jhk_and_TRB5.jpg]

More to follow along with some videoclips at some point..