Why become a member? ×

A simple demand for the public to see

ARGH

[quote name='Alun' post='90252' date='Nov 18 2007, 02:01 PM']1. Have a test forum for a couple of weeks and see if it gets used enough to warrant its existence.[/quote]

Sounds reasonable to me.

On the other hand, I'd never venture into the ERB area, but I do like to see them mentioned from time to time. Would ghettoising them give the ERBists a haven from Fender four wire purists, or encourage suspicion from the same?

[quote name='Cantdosleepy' post='90948' date='Nov 19 2007, 05:05 PM']Extended Range Bass. It means the fretboard is like one of those concertina-ing boxing gloves on a stick that they have in the Beano etc.[/quote]
:)

You mean the Novax.... We dont all use them,but they are very very useful!

Sorry ARGH but I had to vote no. Dont see the point of another sub forum for all the reasons stated by other chatters.

Could you not just accept that some people are Douches when they post the drivvel that has brought this on? You are trying something new and more power to you, dont get hung up on other peoples views (however misguided).

Edit: I have no problem with the idea but feel you might just alienate yourself even more.

Edited by The_D

Well lets face it....lets question why I created this thread.

Ive let this run a few days,and either way,I dont mind how it goes. But it proves that there IS support for seperation,which I believe or at least hope comes from a genuine interest and need felt,AND upon the flipside, acceptance,saying YES they are Bassguitars,next generation musical technology,which we want to see more of,and learn from.

Which is a good thing regardless of where anyone stands.

Across my basses I have -2 strings (F# and :) and + 2 strings (C and F) in addition to E A D G, so I think I'm fairly in the zone for an ERB target forum, however I can't see the point of a dedicated forum unless all the FX, amps, basses, theory etc. are duplicated, and I think they serve ok, so I voted no.

[quote name='ARGH' post='91089' date='Nov 19 2007, 08:39 PM']Well lets face it....lets question why I created this thread.

Ive let this run a few days,and either way,I dont mind how it goes. But it proves that there IS support for seperation,which I believe or at least hope comes from a genuine interest and need felt,AND upon the flipside, acceptance,saying YES they are Bassguitars,next generation musical technology,which we want to see more of,and learn from.

Which is a good thing regardless of where anyone stands.[/quote]

Perhaps you could start your own forum ARGH? You've clearly got bags of passion about ERB's, you'd be just the man for the job!

I voted no to starting up an ERB section in this forum because I don't think it's busy enough here to warrant it.

[b]A simple demand for the public to see, & to those in charge of Basschat[/b]
[quote name='bass_ferret' post='91159' date='Nov 19 2007, 10:39 PM']Seemed a reasonable question to ask.[/quote]
Hmmm.

ARGH in the future if you have an idea, and you would like [i]"those in charge of Basschat"[/i] to offer their full support, its probably a good idea to discuss it with them.