Why become a member? ×

I won an award... Jazz Journalist Of The Year.

urb

Hi Folks

Just wanted to share some good news that I was awarded [b]Jazz Journalist Of The Year[/b] at the Parliamentary Jazz Awards last night, I was chosen by the All Parliamentary Jazz Appreciation Group - the event (for your info) is actually sponsored by PPL the copyright company that helps musicians get paid for their performances.

I was nominated last year but lost out to a fine colleague at Jazzwise magazine - but when my name came up on the nominatiosn list again this year I thought I stood a reasonable chance of getting it - as did Jazzwise magazine as Publication of the Year - anyway I'll go away now but just thought you'd like to know this - more info [url="http://www.jazzwisemagazine.com/component/content/article/51-2009/11413-jazz-breaking-news-jazzwise-scoops-jazz-publication-and-journalist-of-the-year-at-parliamentary-jazz-awards"]here on the evening at the Houses Of Parliament[/url] last night.

Cheers

Mike

[quote name='urb' post='843025' date='May 20 2010, 12:31 PM']Hi Folks

Just wanted to share some good news that I was awarded [b]Jazz Journalist Of The Year[/b] at the Parliamentary Jazz Awards last night, I was chosen by the All Parliamentary Jazz Appreciation Group - the event (for your info) is actually sponsored by PPL the copyright company that helps musicians get paid for their performances.

I was nominated last year but lost out to a fine colleague at Jazzwise magazine - but when my name came up on the nominatiosn list again this year I thought I stood a reasonable chance of getting it - as did Jazzwise magazine as Publication of the Year - anyway I'll go away now but just thought you'd like to know this - more info [url="http://www.jazzwisemagazine.com/component/content/article/51-2009/11413-jazz-breaking-news-jazzwise-scoops-jazz-publication-and-journalist-of-the-year-at-parliamentary-jazz-awards"]here on the evening at the Houses Of Parliament[/url] last night.

Cheers

Mike[/quote]

Oh God there's going to be no living with you! :)

Congratulations!

[quote name='tauzero' post='843755' date='May 21 2010, 01:14 AM']Congratulations.

I'll let the Big Beef Chief know right away.[/quote]

It's alright I called him yesterday to let him know - he told me he'd just subscribed to Jazzwise - it's amazing how some people can change... :rolleyes:

Thanks for the nice words all - it's a great honour - I promise not to bring it up again and you won't even know I'm here most of the time :)

Cheers

Mike

[quote name='urb' post='843808' date='May 21 2010, 07:30 AM']It's alright I called him yesterday to let him know - he told me he'd just subscribed to Jazzwise - it's amazing how some people can change... :)[/quote]
LOL

[quote name='silddx' post='844133' date='May 21 2010, 01:43 PM']Told you you were a bloody good writer, didn't I. Keep the size of your testicles in order now :)

Seriously, congratulations man, a fantastic achievement![/quote]

Thanks fella - much appreciated

Mike