Why become a member? ×

Problem with my new UL212. Need advice

dave_bass5

Before you cut them off I would check with Epi directly. It could be that the speaker they have sent you is not completely to Epi's spec.

I am amazed at the tardiness of the response of all concerned. If you had been on tour and this was your only cabinet just what would they have done to get you out of the mire. I would have been hopping up and down and shoutting by now.

When my Ashdown ABM blew-up after 11 months I sent it back on the Monday and it was fixed and back with me on the Thursday. That's the sort of service I expect.

[quote name='obbm' post='17058' date='Jun 13 2007, 05:16 PM']Before you cut them off I would check with Epi directly. It could be that the speaker they have sent you is not completely to Epi's spec.

I am amazed at the tardiness of the response of all concerned. If you had been on tour and this was your only cabinet just what would they have done to get you out of the mire. I would have been hopping up and down and shoutting by now.

When my Ashdown ABM blew-up after 11 months I sent it back on the Monday and it was fixed and back with me on the Thursday. That's the sort of service I expect.[/quote]

dave
I have emailed Epifani about the driver and ill wait to hear back. I have been assured this driver is for Epifani but im not cutting anything off until i get the ok.
The thing that really gets me frustrated is that i cant get any email reply from musical box. I cant just hit reply because my email address is rejected by their server. in the email is a "please reply to here" address but they have never checked or responded to it so i have to go via W&T.
I have made it clear im not paying any more shipping charges to Enrico though. They have not even offered to pay it.
Any grief and i will pack the cab up. They have the driver in stock now and i see no reason why its not on its way to me today.

Guys
Can i ask you what you make of this reply i got from Musical box when i questioned him about the different drivers
"Hi Dave,
tomorrow I'll call the express courier to answer to your request. Anyway, I think it's possible.
About Epifani speakers I series and II series, the speakers are exactly the same 'cause Epifani
never bought factory drivers, but both be&C and Eminence make the speaker on Epifani specs!
So the sound, the materials and the features are exactly the same.
be&C has some problems to give enough speakers to Epifani so him decided to buy them from Eminence.
But ever made in the same way.
This is why I sent you a be&C speaker.

Anyway, tomorrow I'll give you an answer.
Take care!
"

Thanks again for your help

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='17102' date='Jun 13 2007, 06:34 PM']Guys
Can i ask you what you make of this reply i got from Musical box when i questioned him about the different drivers
"Hi Dave,
tomorrow I'll call the express courier to answer to your request. Anyway, I think it's possible.
About Epifani speakers I series and II series, the speakers are exactly the same 'cause Epifani
never bought factory drivers, but both be&C and Eminence make the speaker on Epifani specs!
So the sound, the materials and the features are exactly the same.
be&C has some problems to give enough speakers to Epifani so him decided to buy them from Eminence.
But ever made in the same way.
This is why I sent you a be&C speaker.

Anyway, tomorrow I'll give you an answer.
Take care!
"

Thanks again for your help[/quote]

Total be*LL*CKS!

With the best will in the world they are not going to be 'exactly the same'!

You may be able to run them and not care if they are the same, they may even have an 'almost' identical sound (possibly better or worse, who knows) but they will never be 'exactly' the same.

Dave,

I had gone away after my last posting here feeling really sorry for you and how you have been f@cked over by both musical box and wood&tronics.
No other posting on this ( or the old website ) has affected me as much as this.

You have spent top dollar on this cab, you COULD have bought any other manufacturer in the worlds equivalent cab for this type of dosh, but showing great faith you choose Epiphani and to make matters worse, you had to import it from Italy.

Having taken all this into account, Epiphani should be now be jumping through HOOPS to make sure you are not just happy, but DELIGHTED with your new cab. I almost get the sense that the sheen has been taken off this new gear and that'll you'll be happy almost to make do with a cab that works(I hope I'm way wrong). That's simply not good enough when paying this type of money for a single cab. You should be getting service above and beyond the call of duty here.........I'd really be getting a bit fed up by this stage.

It's got to the stage now where Epiphani HAVE to step in directly to support their product, and more importantly their brand new customer.

I'd give a detailed account of what's happened to Epiphani and I'd expect them to make it up to you - and I'd also tell them so.

It's simply just not good enough !!!

We're all behind - or beside you - Dave,
Stewart

[quote name='bassbluestew' post='17133' date='Jun 13 2007, 07:15 PM']Dave,

I had gone away after my last posting here feeling really sorry for you and how you have been f@cked over by both musical box and wood&tronics.
No other posting on this ( or the old website ) has affected me as much as this.

You have spent top dollar on this cab, you COULD have bought any other manufacturer in the worlds equivalent cab for this type of dosh, but showing great faith you choose Epiphani and to make matters worse, you had to import it from Italy.

Having taken all this into account, Epiphani should be now be jumping through HOOPS to make sure you are not just happy, but DELIGHTED with your new cab. I almost get the sense that the sheen has been taken off this new gear and that'll you'll be happy almost to make do with a cab that works(I hope I'm way wrong). That's simply not good enough when paying this type of money for a single cab. You should be getting service above and beyond the call of duty here.........I'd really be getting a bit fed up by this stage.

It's got to the stage now where Epiphani HAVE to step in directly to support their product, and more importantly their brand new customer.

I'd give a detailed account of what's happened to Epiphani and I'd expect them to make it up to you - and I'd also tell them so.

It's simply just not good enough !!!

We're all behind - or beside you - Dave,
Stewart[/quote]

Being the devil's advocate, this is actually an object lesson in why it is better to pay a bit more and buy from the official UK dealer rather than try and get it cheaper overseas. Had Dave got it from the Gallery I am certain that they would be bending over backwards to sort the problem pdq.

Edited by obbm

[quote name='obbm' post='17138' date='Jun 13 2007, 07:26 PM']Being the devil's advocate, this is actually an object lesson in why it is better to pay a bit more and buy from the official UK dealer rather than try and get it cheaper overseas. Had Dave got it from the Gallery I am certain that they would be bending over backwards to sort the problem pdq.[/quote]

But the Gallery didnt have them in stock, only a 212NYC. I would gladly have paid a little more if they had.
And you know what its like when you order something with a not 100% delivery date.
I was PM'ed by a guy on here or TB that seemed to have the same problem with a driver. he took it back to the Gallery and they couldnt figure it out so had to send off for a new driver from Epifani so apart from being able to take the cab back i think the wait situation would have been the same.
Like i said, this is just what i was told and im not knocking the Gallery at all.

Stew
Thanks agin for your kind words.
I have emailed Nick (or rather Shawn) with whats happend. Apart from the non offer of postage on the first driver i sent back i cant really fault Enrico, its Musical box that have made the [Blackpool rock] up. Even then, they did send the replacment driver out the next day after recieving the faulty one. I wold have been happy if an Eminence had truned up but now its going to drag on for another week or so. And lets not forget the bad workman ship.
It would be good if Nick did jump in but ive not heard anything back today and all i got before was to just send the driver to them so no different than W&T.

Anyway, i sohlud know whats going to happen tomorrow (or maybe friday). Enrico is on the case and he said he might call Nick but then that would mean nothing untill the late afternoon i imagine so thats another day.
Your right, i would settle fr a working cab now. Thats why i said i dont mind having B&C drivers, but then agian thats what should have been in there i guess as its a series I cab so i have no problem with that.
And agin, your right in thinking i wish i hadnt bothered in the first place. I bet ill be very paranoid about any little sound now and wont really enjoy the cab for a while.
Still, come christmas ill look back and laugh about it all. The upside is that im still loving my UL115 and with the SA450 its sounding even better. I only used it once with the SA450 before i got the GK which i didnt really get on with.

Cheers guys

Edited by dave_bass5

I am absolutely amazed at this - your patience Dave, for one thing, and the total shambles that is unfolding.

What is wrong with these folk. It is FAULTY, you should not be paying to get it sorted, shipping or anything like that at all. It ia absolute B**locks, the whole thing stinks.

I would have demanded a full refund ages ago, striaght to Nick Epifani with the news of what the parties he relies upon are doing to his good name. But then I am just impatient and expect things to be right at this sort of money.

Hats off to you mate, but I think the hard line needs to be taken here. It is appalling, dreadful service. So what that it is in Germany, that is not your problem, full stop.

and also,if I were inyour shoes, I would now be thinking that I have a bodged together cab, with the resale thus potentially affected. Just another merry thought.

Sorry I am being a bit blunt, but I am sick of poor service and workmanship these days. £800!!! bloody hell, you would want to to plated in gold...or at least or a standard higher than you could build yourself. Very disappointing - I feel for you.

[quote name='nottswarwick' post='17162' date='Jun 13 2007, 08:01 PM']and also,if I were inyour shoes, I would now be thinking that I have a bodged together cab, with the resale thus potentially affected. Just another merry thought.

Sorry I am being a bit blunt, but I am sick of poor service and workmanship these days. £800!!! bloody hell, you would want to to plated in gold...or at least or a standard higher than you could build yourself. Very disappointing - I feel for you.[/quote]

Thanks.
I know you are right but this has only been going on for two weeks, just seems like ages.
The thing is i have been in touch with Epifani since this started but all i got was first, we dont cover the drivers if they get blown etc but if i wanted to send it back they would test it etc. So no real help over what W&T were doing.
Even now i haven't heard back and i cant see them doing anything that would actually help me out as they didnt first time around. I mentioned the poor workmanship to them but didnt get a reply (this was via the web form, not email to Shawn).

I feel that although its poor service its down to both Epifani for making a shoddy cab and to Musical box for sending me out the wrong driver (and for not knowing the difference). I would have thought my contract is with W&T and theirs with MB. Plus being nearer than Epifani i would assume the service to be quicker.
Ill hope that Nick does get in touch but what can he do apart from ask for the cab to be returned. Then im without a cab and without the funds for a new one until i get a refund, plus i would have to order from the states and so there is customs to contend with and all in all it wont be any cheaper and could take longer to arrive etc.
Of course i wish i wasnt in this position now but i am and i have to be level headed about what i can expect. If the new driver works well (and i haven tested the one that arrived today yet) then ill have a working cab. I wont feel its bodged, in fact it will be in better shape than when it arrived although i do understand what you mean.

Todays update.
I didn't hear back from Epifani. I didn't expect to to be honest.
I have heard fro W&T and the new driver is being shipped out today and the courier is picking up the Eminence driver as well, all that MB's expense.
I have also been offered some compensation from W&T. Maybe they read this thread.

Bering in mind it was my decision not to send the cab back i cant really fault what's being done. Yes, it was a cock up and has wasted my time but theses things happen. hopefully by early next week ill have a fully working cab. but you never know.
I wont get to gig it untill the 30th as next week its my LMII/1210 bands gig. The 30th is probably the biggest WMC we do and so it will be a perfect time to let rip with the cab. Ive played this club with every rig i have owned in the past two years so it will be a good indication fo what the cab can do.

I also forgot to mention that i have a really nice epifani padded cover for the UL212 and that's another reason i stuck with the cab as that wasnt cheap.

Ill keep you updated but for now, all seems to be going well.

EDIT: still looking for some help with connecting the drivers up. I can see how i should do it but one of the drivers needs two sets of wires on it. Not sure if they will both fit in the hole.

Edited by dave_bass5

When and if you are happy with the cab :huh: I'd be looking at soldering/hard-wiring any internal connections. That may mean bypassing the spring connectors or if unsure getting someone who's a bit handy to look at if they can be safely removed. Obviously this would invalidate your warranty :) so you may need to think about it.

I still have my hat removed in respect for you as I'm not sure I could have been so understanding!

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='17698' date='Jun 14 2007, 04:51 PM']When and if you are happy with the cab :huh: I'd be looking at soldering/hard-wiring any internal connections. That may mean bypassing the spring connectors or if unsure getting someone who's a bit handy to look at if they can be safely removed. Obviously this would invalidate your warranty :) so you may need to think about it.

I still have my hat removed in respect for you as I'm not sure I could have been so understanding![/quote]

Well it seems to be getting there now. The new driver was sent out today. They are picking are emenince driver up at a different time so ill have two drivers anyway, just in case the new one (or the one i have ) dont work and Nick's sending me the connectors and cable to get it all wired together.
My next gig with the cab will not be untill the 30th so i hope i have plenty of time to get it working.
The only (ha) problem i can see is that at the moment im not sure i should cut of the spade connectors on the cables but if i dont i might not be able to try the drivers out until the connector arrives and that will be after the drivers and that will be close to gig time.

Two things to say:

1) Read up on your distance selling laws. Wood&tronics and you are both covered by them since you're both in the EU. They favour you. [b]Know your legal rights.[/b] [url="http://www.oft.gov.uk/advice_and_resources/resource_base/legal/distance-selling-regulations/"]http://www.oft.gov.uk/advice_and_resources...ng-regulations/[/url]

2) I love my Epifani gear. I wouldn't hesitate to buy any of their cabs again. My UL310 is perfect in ever way.

[quote name='Toasted' post='18078' date='Jun 15 2007, 10:27 AM']Two things to say:

1) Read up on your distance selling laws. Wood&tronics and you are both covered by them since you're both in the EU. They favour you. [b]Know your legal rights.[/b] [url="http://www.oft.gov.uk/advice_and_resources/resource_base/legal/distance-selling-regulations/"]http://www.oft.gov.uk/advice_and_resources...ng-regulations/[/url]

2) I love my Epifani gear. I wouldn't hesitate to buy any of their cabs again. My UL310 is perfect in ever way.[/quote]

Cheers.
I am getting the postage refunded.
I realise i could have sent the cab back but like i said, it was more to do with convenience. They didn't have another in stock so i would have had to go through the whole process again, ordering from the states once i got the refund. So i gave them time to sort it out and i feel it couldn't have been done much quicker. The driver cock up wasnt down to W&T and MB did send another out the very next day (so they tell me)
I really wanted this cab, nothing else, otherwise i would have sent it back. And i really love my UL115. Im even thinking of keeping it but i guess if the UL212 works out ok i wont need it.
Of course the poor workmanship is down to Epifani and i would have expected much better from them given their reputation and based on my UL115.
Its also strange that i have the Series 2 drivers in a series 1 cab. I know they were trying them out in the older cabs so maybe this cab was just some sort of prototype.

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='18119' date='Jun 15 2007, 11:14 AM']Cool.
Have you moved in to it yet? :)[/quote]

I drive it to town! It has wheels on ;o)

[quote name='Toasted' post='18123' date='Jun 15 2007, 11:17 AM']Where did you buy from dood?[/quote]

I could have shopped around I guess and went to our european outlets for a good price, but I ended up buying from the Bass Gallery. (I needed a cab sooner rather than later, for gigging etc) I was very impressed with how it sounded in comparison to the rest of the BG stock. (My tastes anyway!)

[quote name='dood' post='18112' date='Jun 15 2007, 11:08 AM']The cab is sooo huge it has it's own gravity.. I just couldn't resist the pull of the UL-610. It's a little monster![/quote]

I have just turned a Kermit shade of green. :)

It does raise the question as to what is wrong with your existing rig?

Edited by obbm

[quote name='obbm' post='18238' date='Jun 15 2007, 01:00 PM']I have just turned a Kermit shade of green. :)

It does raise the question as to what is wrong woth your existing rig?[/quote]

lol.. Dave, I think the only thing wrong with my rig is what's commonly known as the 'human condition' !!!!! lol Why cant we just be happy with our tone? Always having to fudge with it all the time!

I will bring it to the next bash for a good sesh.