Why become a member? ×

Labella Deep Talking Flats - Awesome!!

markdavid

Hi All,

Thought I would share my experience with the Labella flats. I am very impressed so far , had these on only a couple of weeks so far but straight from the packet these strings sounded good. None of that excessive new string brightness that you get with some flats when new , these are kind of upright bass sounding and are very old school sounding

I love the sound & feel of LaBellas on short scale fender musicmaster basses, but the G wasn't long enough on both sets I bought with different guages so I have had to use a G from an old 34" set which is a bit naff :)

The lighter set are on a daisy rock heartbreaker (2/2 headstock so they fit) which has a wonderful old-school precision tone with them.

[quote name='Jean-Luc Pickguard' post='93296' date='Nov 23 2007, 01:04 PM']I love the sound & feel of LaBellas on short scale fender musicmaster basses, but the G wasn't long enough on both sets I bought with different guages so I have had to use a G from an old 34" set which is a bit naff :)

The lighter set are on a daisy rock heartbreaker (2/2 headstock so they fit) which has a wonderful old-school precision tone with them.[/quote]

I love the Fender Musicmaster bass , I know a lot of people dont like them but I love the sound and feel of them, I can see that flats would sound good on a Musicmaster

[quote name='markdavid' post='93522' date='Nov 23 2007, 08:42 PM']I love the Fender Musicmaster bass , I know a lot of people dont like them but I love the sound and feel of them, I can see that flats would sound good on a Musicmaster[/quote]

Come to think of it , thats quite funny , my main bass is a cheap p bass that ive fixed up with quarterpounders only to slap labella flats on it , roll the tone down and lust after the muddy tones of the musicmaster bass , Oh the irony!