Why become a member? ×

Sienzo Digital Music Mentor

Paul Cooke

one of the sponsored adverts shown today was for a program by Sienzo (never heard of them before) which claims the following:

[quote]Digital Music Mentor - DMM
DMM is a software that helps you get the guitar chords and bass tabs for any pop/rock/country song. DMM even shows you how to play the chords! It is so simple to use.

All you need to do is:
1. Pick a song from a CD, mp3 or almost any file format.
2. Click Analyze.
3. Done!

Never buying music score again...
This simply means that DMM's software can process any music, from any genre, and reveal the chords and bass tabs more accurately than any other program. Our goal is to provide every customer with the opportunity of never needing to buy a music score ever again and take your instrumental skills to a higher level![/quote]

[url="http://www.sienzo.com/?gclid=CNfR05S58o8CFQuuQwodshStNQ"]http://www.sienzo.com/?gclid=CNfR05S58o8CFQuuQwodshStNQ[/url]

has anybody actually tried it yet? Can it actually do this?

I've just downloaded the trail and put in a couple of o5b songs. It works better than I expected it to - its amazing its able to work at all, but on my quick test it only gave a very rough approximation and there's a lot that needs to be corrected by ear. The bass tracking missed a lot of notes out and quite a few extra guitar chords crept in. If it was a freebie I'd be impressed, but I wouldn't spend any money on it.