Why become a member? ×

BFM Omni 10 piezos

nedsbeds

Hi Guys,

I know there are quite a few people here who build Bill Fitzmaurice cabs so I hope someone has an answer!

I have just bought the plans to build two omni 10.5 cabs. I have sourced and priced pretty much everything except the piezos.
The ones from West London Electrics are supposedly a bit naff (and I would have to buy 10 when I only need 4) and Farnell seem to have stopped stocking the recommended "I can't Believe It's Not a Motorola 1016" tweeter.

I can find some places that have similar looking ones, but first they are a lot more expensive (4 or 5 quid a pop) and secondly I'm not 100% on the size required.

So does anyone have any recommendations? Or does anyone have any spare that they would let go?

Thanks

Ned

Edited by nedsbeds

the WLE ones - while you need to buy 10, they are very cheap aren't they. ( I used the wle ones in my wedgehorn - no probs - 63p each for 10!)
just found this in thumpers build diary - [quote]4-no. Generic 1016-type Piezo Tweeters MPT-016 (CPC Farnell part. no. LS02367 - £1.86 each)[/quote] -
Post a build diary - go on!
max

ah cheers redroque.
That farnell code is just the ticket. (i think the farnell website is so hard to find anything on!)
I think wle have a minimum spend of £10 so will probably go with farnell.

I certainly will be posting a build diary. Not sure when I will be starting but it should be in the next month or two once everything has been sourced and ordered.
I'm also building some decking for my parents so will probably get to know the local timber merchants fairly well.