Why become a member? ×

MARKBASS LITTLE MARK 250 (£269 ON EBAY)

makemineamythos

Is that new or secondhand? - just checked its the New one in Austria isn't it?

The Bass Centre is doing them for £299 new, which is a good price so if you're happy to buy from Austria it is a good price.

Its exactly the same as the LittleMarkII(as far as I can tell from trying both), but with reduced power. I went for the LMII as my Schroeder cab can cope with up to 800W, but I would have been happy to use the 250 if I still had my old Ashdown MAG cabs

Edited by Jean-Luc Pickguard

[quote name='makemineamythos' post='93395' date='Nov 23 2007, 04:22 PM'][color="#FF0000"]Hi All, I've heard great things about the MARKBASS gear, as I'm on a strict budget, the LITTLE MARK 250 is all I can afford.
I have no means of testing one of these so will have to buy it blind... or deaf, I forget which one.
can anyone give me a heads up on this ?

Regards,
Russ[/color][/quote]

Price is OK if you're set on a Markbass.

A lot of people here like their Markbass amps, but by no means all. There was some discussion of this recently which might suggest it'd be best to try one out before purchasing, especially if you can't afford to take a hit by selling it on. [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=8726"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=8726[/url]

One man's meat is another man's poison.

I've listened to two of the mark II versions in live contexts over the last week and I thought they performed really well. For a very good lightweight head they have little competition. If weight isn't a consideration then there are many secondhand bargains to be had that you might prefer over the Markbass. It's just the long process of doing comparisons to see what [i]you[/i] really like.

I haven't done an A/B comparison with the 250 head but I think they are just a lower powered version of the Mk2?

Hamster

[quote name='Hamster' post='93425' date='Nov 23 2007, 05:23 PM']I've listened to two of the mark II versions in live contexts over the last week and I thought they performed really well. For a very good lightweight head they have little competition. If weight isn't a consideration then there are many secondhand bargains to be had that you might prefer over the Markbass. It's just the long process of doing comparisons to see what [i]you[/i] really like.

I haven't done an A/B comparison with the 250 head but I think they are just a lower powered version of the Mk2?

Hamster[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"]Thanks to all, seems like of got some real thinkin to do !

Russ[/color]

[quote name='Hamster' post='93425' date='Nov 23 2007, 05:23 PM']I haven't done an A/B comparison with the 250 head but I think they are just a lower powered version of the Mk2?
Hamster[/quote]
Apart from less power from the 250 I couldn't detect any difference in the sound or features of them.

Both Amps have the VPF & VLE controls which sound like a gimmick until you actually use them - they make it simple to get great tones without having to fiddle with the eq much (if at all)