Why become a member? ×

I threw up in the middle of tonight's gig...

wateroftyne

[quote name='Dr.Dave' post='93690' date='Nov 24 2007, 11:01 AM']That's 'Mustang Sally' for you !![/quote]

Almost experienced what you did too tonight. Show must go on etc., so I drag myself out & say "don't bother with a mike cos I doubt vocals will happen for me tonight" but one gets put out & in the heat of the moment I go for it. Got through some, but there were more than a couple of occasions when I went for the mike, took a deep breath, then had to back out fast for fear of chunder city

Good news is 3 days of mainly honey & lemon drinks and paracetemol + last nights gig seems to have sweated it out. Still bunged up tho, just not feeling quite so cr@ppy.

Hope you're over whatever yours is soon!!

[quote name='Soulfinger' post='94081' date='Nov 25 2007, 11:53 AM']Sympathies, WoT!

At least it didn´t happen live on TV:

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tXzKpmRrFs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tXzKpmRrFs[/url][/quote]

Wow! That gal deserves a medal for being able to carry on after that episode! *amazed* - Actually, speaking of 'the bug going round' - yeah, I have just had it too. Some of my friends have reported the same symptoms.. Seems to come on really quickly.. infact so fast I thought I have food poisoning after chowing down on a chinese earlier that evening. In the space of time it took me to get in my car and head oup the A11 it was full on chunder time. I apologise to those who tried to park in any of the layby's up the A11. I'm sorry that you had to swim for the curb. By the time I got home I have to say I was in no state to do anything... I'll spare you any more details.. not pretty - and thats how I stayed for 4 days! - Bizarrely, as I started to get over that I got a really bad cough that I am still trying to shift now! OOOF!!!

I haven't thrown up at a gig (yet) But I think we have all played gigs where 'something you ate' wanted to make a fast southerly exit and you try not to make it look like you are clenching for all your worth till the end of the set!!!

I don't mind admitting (although I used to get so embarassed about it) that I suffer from mild IBS. Thing is, for years I didn't even know what it was and how to manage it. Well, put it this way.. there are certain foods that exacerbate the symptoms. Just a case of learning what they are and steer clear!

[quote name='dood' post='94119' date='Nov 25 2007, 01:43 PM']Wow! That gal deserves a medal for being able to carry on after that episode! *amazed* - Actually, speaking of 'the bug going round' - yeah, I have just had it too. Some of my friends have reported the same symptoms.. Seems to come on really quickly.. infact so fast I thought I have food poisoning after chowing down on a chinese earlier that evening. In the space of time it took me to get in my car and head oup the A11 it was full on chunder time. I apologise to those who tried to park in any of the layby's up the A11. I'm sorry that you had to swim for the curb. By the time I got home I have to say I was in no state to do anything... I'll spare you any more details.. not pretty - and thats how I stayed for 4 days! - Bizarrely, as I started to get over that I got a really bad cough that I am still trying to shift now! OOOF!!![/quote]

YEAH thats the bug alright.... I just lost weight,didnt eat,and just had uber stomach pain for 4 or so days,next door was hurling everywhere,It went southward with me. I thought it was poisoning too

Loads of my friends have come down with it... seems odd that it seems to be hitting so many so quick.. more so than these 'manflu' symptoms that make it on to regional news programs... i blame....

ummmm...

turkeys! lol

This is something I became accustomed to... last year I was on tour with a big band ending up at the Montreaux Jazz festival. There was a stomach bug going round the band and I finally got it along with many others. One gig in the middle of the festival people were literally getting up throwing up and coming back on stage... luckily as a bass player i was at the back and near enough to the side of the stage to throw up whilst playing!!! Nice!!! Kept losing my place on the score tho!!!