Why become a member? ×

Wheels!

ashevans09

[quote name='ashevans09' post='93799' date='Nov 24 2007, 03:50 PM']Looking to put some wheels on my 1x15, anything I should know before I start merrily drilling into it?

Cheers, :)[/quote]
Get 4 castors and stick them on a bit of board instead. You don't mark the 1x15 and you can use the board when you get a 4x10 to go with it. And the castors don't rattle.

[quote name='pete.young' post='93908' date='Nov 24 2007, 07:44 PM']Get 4 castors and stick them on a bit of board instead. You don't mark the 1x15 and you can use the board when you get a 4x10 to go with it. And the castors don't rattle.[/quote]

MB1. :)
+ Twelvety....
dont put the wheels on the cab....make a bogey!

The Merton Parkas......You need wheels! ........funny what jogs a memory innit!(one of those songs once you remember it, it wont go away!) Damn!.

[quote name='stingrayfan' post='93955' date='Nov 24 2007, 09:52 PM']I've always just screwed them straight into the cab in place of the rubber feet and never had any problems. Try to get some with locking wheels - helps with wonky stages.[/quote]

Me too , but I've always used bolts. If you do , make sure you're going to miss the bracing inside the cab when you mark/drill the holes.

Those fold up sack carts are cheap as chips these days. Move all your kit with one of those plus they have a thousand and one ther uses.

Up to you really.

[quote name='Dr.Dave' post='94057' date='Nov 25 2007, 10:35 AM']Those fold up sack carts are cheap as chips these days. Move all your kit with one of those plus they have a thousand and one ther uses.[/quote]
I would +1 the foldaway cart. When I found mine quite a few years ago now it was about £50, but I have seen exactly the same thing in Focus / B&Q / Homebase for under £20 recently :)

DO fit 2 lockable castors/wheels (leave the other two plain)

Don't put them both on the front face of the dolly board/ cab. It makes the stack unstable!
Either put them on one end, or diagonally opposed.
Stops the rig tipping over when you walk away from it mid-gig, run out of cable and... TIIIMBERRR! Flat guitarist.

[quote name='pete.young' post='93908' date='Nov 24 2007, 07:44 PM']Get 4 castors and stick them on a bit of board instead. You don't mark the 1x15 and you can use the board when you get a 4x10 to go with it. And the castors don't rattle.[/quote]
I agree with this idea. My dolly board is 24"x18" with 3" castors. This will carry anything from a 1x12 to an 8x10. I covered it with a nice piece of tufted wilton for extra protection!
Don't use the peg type of castors, like ampeg, because the wheels are too small and, in time, they will rattle loose and will always fall out.