Why become a member? ×

Singing bass players

slowbo

Hello people, I've just seen and heard some stuff from SETH HORAN and was mighty impressed by it. He's a solo bass player in the style of Mr Wooten but he manages to sing good folk/pop songs while doing all this stuff. I must admit I'm a sucker for bass players who sing. We tend to know what the song requires. If anybody can point me in the direction of artists who combine these two talents I'd be obliged. I have heard of Sting and Mr McCartney

I've seen the Seth Horan stuff as well and was mightly impressed. Unfortunately, I missed his clinic tour...

My favourite singing bass player has to be Kip Winger. New Winger live CD and DVD out now. The trailer is on YouTube.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZcFz4NkHKw"]Winger Live trailer[/url]

Great voice and after the release of Winger IV earlier this year, this is Winger's first official live release. Band features Kip, John Roth, Reb Beach (who's been with Dokken and Whitesnake since Winger's 'Pull' album in 1993) and awesome drumming from Rod Morgenstein (Dixie Dregs). The way Rod can manipulate and play around a beat puts the band in a more progressive rock vein.

[quote name='E_MaN' post='94302' date='Nov 25 2007, 09:34 PM']Troy Sanders - solid bass player, good writer, and an amazing vocalist[/quote]

He's awesome!

I'm surprised no one's mentioned Les Claypool yet. I find his bass lines incredibly hard to play and sing along with because of the wacky rhythms he uses.

Peter Cetera (with Chicago) 1967-1986
Jason Scheff (with Chicago) 1986 - present
Kip Winger (Winger)
Jack Blades (Night Ranger)
Joe Puerta (Ambrosia)
Greg Lake (Emerson Lake & Palmer)
Roger Waters (Pink Floyd)
Phil Lynott (Thin Lizzy)
Geddy Lee (Rush)
Doug Pinnick (Kings X)
John Wetton (Asia)
Timothy B Schmit (Eagles)