Why become a member? ×

Back in a band

Dread Bass

Well i have managed to finally get back in a band.

I have jammed with several people over the last few years and nothing had ever come of it, but i am going to be the bass player in a melodic death metal bad threnody. The singer was playing bass and singing but has decided he just wants to sing so thats where i come in.

I jammed with them on friday night and really enjoyed myself. I have always been a huge fan of metal and had never really new anyone else who was that played music so i am really enjoying the challenge.

I must admit i had lost alot of passion about music and felt pretty low in self confidence and had almost resigned myself to being a bedroom bassist. to be honest i am so excited to be playing in a band again i just hope it all goes well.

I just felt like sharing my joy.

here is a link it isnt me on the songs obviously but just to give you an idea. www.myspace.com/metaltodiefor

I went through pretty much the same thing a couple of years ago with the lack of passion, etc.

And I ended up doing a few gigs with a mate who needed someone at the last minute to step in, and being under pressure not only gave me the love of playing back, but it helped my self confidence knowing I could just turn up and play (cos he has a habit sometimes of playing songs I've never even heard of, let alone played before). But he's good to work with, so it helped me.

Then I just saw an ad for a bassist required, went for it, got it, have been with the band nearly two years, and have 3 great mates out of it. So life deals you some aces sometimes.

Good luck with the future.