Complimenting Fuzzzzzzzz

Clunge

Righty, my current board is:

- Akai Deep Impact
- Boss OC-3
- EHX Nano Bass Balls
- MXR Bass Blowtorch
- Digitech BSW

Now, as much as I like the slightly synthy, grumbly noises I get from my Blowtorch, I feel that my board lacks some grinding. Would it be worth investing in an overdrive or some sort of driver or distortion to work either independently or with my Fuzz (as I've heard some people say you can get some good sounds combining the two).

Ideas/suggestions please!

[quote name='Clunge' post='94641' date='Nov 26 2007, 05:06 PM']Righty, my current board is:

- Akai Deep Impact
- Boss OC-3
- EHX Nano Bass Balls
- MXR Bass Blowtorch
- Digitech BSW

Now, as much as I like the slightly synthy, grumbly noises I get from my Blowtorch, I feel that my board lacks some grinding. Would it be worth investing in an overdrive or some sort of driver or distortion to work either independently or with my Fuzz (as I've heard some people say you can get some good sounds combining the two).

Ideas/suggestions please![/quote]

Just a little suggestion - Maybe swap the positions of the BassBalls and BSW. The BSW should be nearer the front of the chain for best tracking, and Fuzz into Filter gives some synthy madness!

Just my 2 pennies worth :)

Ahh, that's not in the order I use them. I'm at uni at the mo and can't even remember which order I use them in :).

I think it's usually... Deep Impact > OC-3 > BSW > Blowtorch > EHX NBB.

Hmm. I was looking at the SansAmp Bass Driver or the EBS Multidrive, any opinions?

i loved the idea of the ebs multidrive, but after reading peoples comments and reviews, everyone just seems to think its 'alright'. for £130 it has to be better than alright imo, lack of tone control isnt appealing either, but if you have a good preamp box it shouldnt matter